Burger King to buy Popeyes (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully the service improves
====================================================

(Bloomberg) -- Restaurant Brands International Inc., the owner of Burger King, is in advanced talks with Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Inc. about a takeover of the fried-chicken chain, according to people familiar with the matter.

Negotiations between the companies are ongoing, and a transaction could be announced as early as this week, said the people, who asked not to be identified as the details aren’t public. Talks could still fall apart, the people said. Popeyes has a market value of about $1.37 billion, while Restaurant Brands is worth $25 billion..............

Burger King Owner Said in Advanced Talks to Buy Popeyes Chain

that doesn't sound good for Popeyes.. ughh. Enjoy me some Popeyes fried chicken every now and again. years ago had a cousin down in New Orleans that was a Pilot for Popeyes chicken back in like the mid to late 70's

*profanity nsfw*

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fiKATUwfkis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am a fast food guy even I stay away from them. Can not imagine either improving from this. Sad because the Whopper and Popeye's wings were the bomb at one time.

My issue with popeyes is that the chicken has always been under cooked and extra greasy... I hope that BK fixes that...

There is some new chicken hitting the convience stores in rural america of all places called Krispy Krunchy Chicken "Cajun Recipe"... and it's been pretty good for just cooked chicken.

468149-krispy-krunchy-chicken-cajun-recipe.jpg

NOLA has had Krispy Krunchy for a few years. It can be hit or miss, but usually it's well received after an evening's libations. It has had an adverse digestive effect for me in the past. :covri:

NOLA has had Krispy Krunchy for a few years. It can be hit or miss, but usually it's well received after an evening's libations. It has had an adverse digestive effect for me in the past. :covri:

This is why I gave up fried chicken. It seemed like there was a 50/50 chance of me throwing up in the night. Especially if I ate it late at night. Didn't seem to matter what brand. Better not mess with popeye's red beans and biscuit recipes. Those two go together like gumbo and rice.

Popeyes used to also have the best onion rings. Popeyes has not really been the same since the Copeland's sold the company. Doubt it gets any better. BK's hot dog experiment was awful.

Popeyes used to also have the best onion rings. Popeyes has not really been the same since the Copeland's sold the company. Doubt it gets any better. BK's hot dog experiment was awful.

The one in Slidell still has the onion rings and they're still pretty damn good. :hihi:

I used to work at copeland's of New Orleans at the BR location on Essen for almost 4 years. This was still when Al Sr. was alive and still owned popeye's.

A lot of the recipes are the same for both brands. However most of their seasonings and recipes are secret and are a propriety. They have a company, Diversified Seasonings, that would distribute all the seasonings to the popeye's. they actually still have their plant here in Madisonville.

Anyway, when the Copeland's sold Popeye's the first time, they sold the Popeye's name and business but they kept the rights to the seasonings, so anyone who ran or opened a Popeye's had to buy the seasonings still through Diversified. Now I believe though, that many franchishes, especially the ones out of state did not elect to buy those seasonings. So the chicken often tastes different where you buy it.

If I remember correctly when they first sold popeye's they maintained control of the LA ones, sold all the out of state ones. Now I think the popeye's brand has been sold and bought several times over and it is just a luck of the draw with what you get. The service is usually terrible wherever you go though. They are consistent with that.

And yeah, don't mess with the red beans or the biscuits. Keep that rolling!!

I used to work at copeland's of New Orleans at the BR location on Essen for almost 4 years. This was still when Al Sr. was alive and still owned popeye's.

A lot of the recipes are the same for both brands. However most of their seasonings and recipes are secret and are a propriety. They have a company, Diversified Seasonings, that would distribute all the seasonings to the popeye's. they actually still have their plant here in Madisonville.

Anyway, when the Copeland's sold Popeye's the first time, they sold the Popeye's name and business but they kept the rights to the seasonings, so anyone who ran or opened a Popeye's had to buy the seasonings still through Diversified. Now I believe though, that many franchishes, especially the ones out of state did not elect to buy those seasonings. So the chicken often tastes different where you buy it.

If I remember correctly when they first sold popeye's they maintained control of the LA ones, sold all the out of state ones. Now I think the popeye's brand has been sold and bought several times over and it is just a luck of the draw with what you get. The service is usually terrible wherever you go though. They are consistent with that.

And yeah, don't mess with the red beans or the biscuits. Keep that rolling!!

Doesn't Diversified also own the rights to all of the original side dishes as well (red beans, fries, etc.)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom