Burnout: Paradise (1 Viewer)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i was able to play the demo last night at a friend's, and i will be buying this game.....i have always been a fan of the series.....this will blow the other ones away......

Is this part of the Need for Speed series? And is it appropriate for an 8 year old?

Is this part of the Need for Speed series? And is it appropriate for an 8 year old?

no, burnout is it's own series.....they made 4 or 5 for the ps2.....it's an over the top racing game that is real big on collisions.....in fact, they used to have a mode where the object was to cause as much damage at an intersection :9:.....although, i don't think that mode was in the last one......

the physics are greatly exaggerated and there are some ridiculous jumps as well.....

i don't think it's inappropriate for an 8 year old.....

Thanks.

it came in from gamefly yesterday.....this game is awesome......it's actually quite enjoyable to just go ahead and crash into something.....it's worth at least a rental for those that are not into racing games....

Any guess on the length of game play?

well, i played for about 2 hours total yesterday and got to a whopping 5%.....there are 75 cars to unlock....no idea how many races, but there is one at every intersection throughout the city......there are a plenty of jumps to find, and billboards to smash through.....

there is plenty to do in this game

Last edited:
I tried the Demo and thought it was pretty cool. I'm definitely going to rent or borrow it before I decide to buy it. I've bought so many games lately only to sell them after a while. I'm just can't get into very many games. Now I'm out of town at a hotel and can't even play. Talk about sucks! I'll be out of town for probably atleast a month too. I need to buy me a travel sized HDTV.

i agree....but the new showtime crash event is $$$$$

I give these guys respect for overhauling the game. Well, it's not a complete overhaul. The basic concept is still the same. I'm looking forward to the next incarnation. Hopefully they can meld some of the old ideas with the new ones. It's obvious that a lot of people miss crash mode, so they should probably bring that back. Also a way to restart a race would be a nice addition.. or even just to end the current race.. But I digress. Some friends and I played Burnout Revenge for the 360 over the weekend and I enjoyed that game quite a bit more.

Also a way to restart a race would be a nice addition.. or even just to end the current race..

yeah...i don't get that.....this is the first racing game i have ever played that won't allow you to restart a race......but it does force you to drive around the city

Anybody playing now on ps3? My son has had this game for a few months, and I just started a few weeks ago. This game is addictive!!! Wanna Race???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom