Burrow: Call it Now (1 Viewer)

Joe Burrow will be a...

• Total voters

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Take your best guess! Either Cincy takes him or some other team trades up for him. Take the Bengals or the Field!

Bengals. They have to take him. Local, legend, amazing talent. Franchise QB’s don’t come around too often. And they do need more than a QB, but all teams drafting in that position need more than a QB. He will be a great piece to build around. I wish he were going to be a Saint.

Anybody but the Saints. We just don't have the trade capital to pull it off.

He’s a Bengal.

1. Ohio kid, Ohio team

2. Exploded in a modern west coast system, Zac Taylor is a west coast purist.

3. No brainer #1 QB in the class with Tua’s health in question, franchise guy, QB needy franchise.

Easiest call in NFL draft history.

Bengals. They have to take him. Local, legend, amazing talent. Franchise QB’s don’t come around too often. And they do need more than a QB, but all teams drafting in that position need more than a QB. He will be a great piece to build around. I wish he were going to be a Saint.
I thought the same then I heard Bobby and Mike on WWL point out that the bengals are the cheapest franchise in the NFL. Never underestimate a cheapskate.

Bengals in a normal world. If we are talking crazy bizarro world, I could see a trade with a partner that has a lot to offer and in need of an heir apparent in the very near future such as the Patriots or Saints. It's fun to play the "What if" game but I think at the end of the day Burrow is a Bengal.

I think we can trade for Burrow, I just think some hot head on one side or other other is going to blow the deal and Burrow will be a Bengal where he will be half-arse for 4 years until he moves on to a real team.

Bengals. This is literally the Lebron and Cleveland situation. Bengals ownership drafting Burrow will re-energize the fans and sell an outrageous amount of tickets and jerseys. He's also literally the unquestioned BPA at #1 overall in this draft. The Bengals have $51 million in cap space right now, and that will skyrocket up to $68 million after they cut Dalton. They have all seven draft picks. They don't need to trade back to address needs. They are in the absolute dream scenario to draft a franchise QB and surround him with talent.

I will say this though, despite how obvious and no-brainer it is to take Burrow #1 overall, the Bengals not taking Burrow would be a very Bengals thing to do.

I think the Bengals will keep their pick. If you look at the past few seasons and see how Dalton had been playing, that franchise better make sure they draft Burrow. I have my doubts about college quarterback but if they have any sense from watching him played, they should know they don't pass up this opportunity. They do have some talent on that team. Just not a quarterback yet. They trade him, that fan base will boycott that team. You don't let a player who is from the state, just won the heisman, national championship, MVP, and all award out there to be handed off to other team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom