Burrow in and Brees Out: The Big What if Thread (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
So what if the Saints did move up to get Joe Burrow and move on from Drew Brees. Do the Saints win 13 games with Burrow as the starting QB in 2020 with the exact same roster. And that's with a healthy Keith Kirkwood, Alvin Kamara, and Thor on the field as well.

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Anzalone sadly won’t last. His shoulder injuries appear to be chronic. That’s tough for a linebacker to overcome. No the Saints wouldn’t win 13 with Burrow imo. Not the first year. I could see playoffs tho first year.
I don’t think we will be able to get him either way.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I say no. Just because top rookie quarterbacks with all the pressure as being the first rounder don't do well the first season. You can look at him in his first season at LSU. It takes time and sometimes it takes years.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I say no. Just because top rookie quarterbacks with all the pressure as being the first rounder don't do well the first season. You can look at him in his first season at LSU. It takes time and sometimes it takes years.

Just depends on the team around the rookie QB. Most starting rookies play for terrible teams, but that wouldn’t be the case here. Didn’t Roethlisberger win the SB in his rookie season?

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He’s been playing a NFL style offense all season and put up those numbers.....yeah he could step into a SP coached offense and go 13-3 with this team right now. No doubt about it.
I don't think so. College players have to get use to the speed, different defenses, faster and smarter players, chemistry with his team and the coaches. It doesn't matter how great he was in college.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think so. College players have to get use to the speed, different defenses, faster and smarter players, chemistry with his team and the coaches. It doesn't matter how great he was in college.
This was the case ten years ago....BUT the College game and all that speed has caught up to the NFL. Some of these guys, including Burrow, are ready now.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just depends on the team around the rookie QB. Most starting rookies play for terrible teams, but that wouldn’t be the case here. Didn’t Roethlisberger win the SB in his rookie season?
No....his second season.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close it was second year. Rookie year lost to Pats in AFC Championship.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
He’s been playing a NFL style offense all season and put up those numbers.....yeah he could step into a SP coached offense and go 13-3 with this team right now. No doubt about it.

I would struggle to call it an "NFL offense." Burrow almost never played under center and they ran the same personnel the vast majority of the time. It was not really anything like Payton's offense.

The only thing NFL about it was the route concepts.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would struggle to call it an "NFL offense." Burrow almost never played under center and they ran the same personnel the vast majority of the time. It was not really anything like Payton's offense.

The only thing NFL about it was the route concepts.
I saw a QB who was able to read defenses, look off his first and second reads and move that ball down the field.

I’m no kind of expert, but this guy looks like he is ready to step into a SP coached offense and do pretty well. Especially behind this line.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I saw a QB who was able to read defenses, look off his first and second reads and move that ball down the field.

I’m no kind of expert, but this guy looks like he is ready to step into a SP coached offense and do pretty well. Especially behind this line.

There are no guarantees in the draft, no matter what you see in college. He'll probably be good, but he'll also have his struggles in the first year.

Regardless, there's a 0% chance he becomes a Saint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom