Burrow in and Brees Out: The Big What if Thread (1 Viewer)

Sad thing is... He goes to Cincinnati, his football uniform will look almost exactly like the Clemson mascot.

I don't know about 13 games, but I think he'd have a winning record IF he's got a good o-line.

I've come to believe that this team is as successful as the o-line and d-line allow them to go. The o-line allows him time to digest what he's seeing and move around enough to keep passing plays alive. They allow the run game to either work or not work. Honestly, this past year when the running game struggled, rewatching the games showed me that the o-line was not getting it done.

Same goes with the d-line. If they can at the very least stop the run and create an ok amount of pressure with 4 rushing, D Allen can add a little more Tony's to the gumbo with the occasional blitz.

My assessment above is WITH the assumption that AK and MT leave. If the o-line is not getting it done, even AK and MT can only manufacture so much success.

So what if the Saints did move up to get Joe Burrow and move on from Drew Brees. Do the Saints win 13 games with Burrow as the starting QB in 2020 with the exact same roster. And that's with a healthy Keith Kirkwood, Alvin Kamara, and Thor on the field as well.

13 games is a lot to expect, especially in January. Could happen I guess, but rookie QBs aren't known for their winning ways. Starting as a rookie has it's own pitfalls. Trial under fire sounds good but the kid is not going to be as good as other less talented QBs from the jump. The NFL game is fast. Players have to see fast, think fast, decide fast, and move fast. QBs have to be the fastest player on the field in the first 3 things. When they aren't, bad things happen. Enough bad things happening to a rookie QB can destroy confidence and instill bad habits that take years to break. And often the QB don't last long enough in the league to do so.

If Joe Burrow is starting week one for any team, he'd better have a good team around him and a good coaching staff spoon feeding him.

So what if the Saints did move up to get Joe Burrow and move on from Drew Brees. Do the Saints win 13 games with Burrow as the starting QB in 2020 with the exact same roster. And that's with a healthy Keith Kirkwood, Alvin Kamara, and Thor on the field as well.
If we move up to get Burrow, which I highly doubt, Kamara wont be here. So dont count him.

Burrow in and Brees Out: The Big What if Thread
:covri: This is like a big snake.
No matter how many times you whack it with a machete, it just don't seem to die. :jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom