Bush 2.0: 100 Ways Barack Obama Is Just Like George W. Bush (1 Viewer)

MissippiWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The Humble Libertarian: Bush 2.0: 100 Ways Barack Obama Is Just Like George W. Bush

The election of President Obama was in no small part, a referendum on the administration of George W. Bush, and his victory was interpreted as a sound rebuke to eight years of open ended warfare, a vast and growing police state, the destruction of civil liberties, disregard for the Constitution, unchecked executive power, lies and broken promises, hypocrisy and arrogance, a lack of transparency in government, out-of-control federal spending, fever-pitch fearmongering, rampant corruption, and some really stupid gaffes. But what have we gotten instead?

More of the same. A LOT more of the same. In fact, every negative aspect of the Bush Administration has come back with a vengeance in the presidency of Barack H. Obama. Everything the American people detested so strongly about Bush has not only characterized the presidency of his successor, it's gotten much worse. Don't believe me? The following is a list of 100 ways President Obama is just like President Bush. We might as well consider it a third Bush term on steroids, or call Mr. Obama "Bush 2.0." If you honestly didn't like Bush, you can't possibly justify liking Obama, not unless you ignore the facts:

First Time Poster

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The Humble Libertarian: Bush 2.0: 100 Ways Barack Obama Is Just Like George W. Bush

The election of President Obama was in no small part, a referendum on the administration of George W. Bush, and his victory was interpreted as a sound rebuke to eight years of open ended warfare, a vast and growing police state, the destruction of civil liberties, disregard for the Constitution, unchecked executive power, lies and broken promises, hypocrisy and arrogance, a lack of transparency in government, out-of-control federal spending, fever-pitch fearmongering, rampant corruption, and some really stupid gaffes. But what have we gotten instead?

More of the same. A LOT more of the same. In fact, every negative aspect of the Bush Administration has come back with a vengeance in the presidency of Barack H. Obama. Everything the American people detested so strongly about Bush has not only characterized the presidency of his successor, it's gotten much worse. Don't believe me? The following is a list of 100 ways President Obama is just like President Bush. We might as well consider it a third Bush term on steroids, or call Mr. Obama "Bush 2.0." If you honestly didn't like Bush, you can't possibly justify liking Obama, not unless you ignore the facts:
Which then begs the question: Why does the conservative right hate President Obama so much? If his politics are the same, then what could it be....? :scratch:

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The will to do ACA (which was largely GOP inspired), SCOTUS nominations, and social issues are the primary difference between the two. These are not small things, but Obama certainly governed to the center-right after running center-left. The time for the drawdown in Iraq including second surge, and even more the drones and Afghanistan were definitely continuing the neocon playbook. His desire for gun control was pretty much lip service only, but I give him liberal credit for the speeches (not one of my big issues so may not be judging him correctly there).

Honestly, this is part of what has made it so amusing that the right wing is so nuts about opposing him going for their own policies.

farfromsilent

Rookie
Reaction score
Which then begs the question: Why does the conservative right hate President Obama so much? If his politics are the same, then what could it be....? :scratch:

It's because the conservative right, myself included, don't like the legacy of George W. Bush either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farfromsilent

Rookie
Reaction score
The will to do ACA (which was largely GOP inspired), SCOTUS nominations, and social issues are the primary difference between the two. These are not small things, but Obama certainly governed to the center-right after running center-left. The time for the drawdown in Iraq including second surge, and even more the drones and Afghanistan were definitely continuing the neocon playbook. His desire for gun control was pretty much lip service only, but I give him liberal credit for the speeches (not one of my big issues so may not be judging him correctly there).

Honestly, this is part of what has made it so amusing that the right wing is so nuts about opposing him going for their own policies.

He didn't govern to the center-right. George Bush governed to the center-left. That is why their policies are much the same.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you think Bush was left of the center, you must be looking from very far to the fringe, or have no estimation of how much farther left people like Sanders, Nader, all the way out to LaRouche who went so far left he wound up alt-right cult.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's because the conservative right, myself included, don't like the legacy of George W. Bush either.

You may not like the legacy, but the majority of your base will side with a man who put us billions in the hole over invading a country that didn't have nuclear weapons and cost us countless lives and a debilitating recession over a guy who tried to get us out of that mess, and has done a pretty decent job all things considered

Why? The answer isn't just bipartisan politics

OP
MissippiWhoDat

MissippiWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Because they are both freaking terrible. Both have destroyed this country as much as possible. Most people I know that call themselves republicans don't like Bush either. I can't stand either one. I just want people to wake up to the fact that it's not Left vs Right; It's state vs freedom.

OP
MissippiWhoDat

MissippiWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
You may not like the legacy, but the majority of your base will side with a man who put us billions in the hole over invading a country that didn't have nuclear weapons and cost us countless lives and a debilitating recession over a guy who tried to get us out of that mess, and has done a pretty decent job all things considered

Why? The answer isn't just bipartisan politics
Obama sure kept all those wars rolling full steam ahead. Even added to all of them.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Obama sure kept all those wars rolling full steam ahead. Even added to all of them.
double horsepoooey.

Look, guys. You can hate Obama and Bush, but you're lying to yourself and the rest of us if you think they're the same.

We are out of Iraq. The biggest war we've had in decades was Iraq and it's over. We are out of Afghanistan except a small presence fighting terrorists. That was the second biggest war.

What we are doing in Syria and Afghanistan today isn't even close to what we were doing before.

Stop lying to yourselves.

OP
MissippiWhoDat

MissippiWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
double horsepoooey.

Look, guys. You can hate Obama and Bush, but you're lying to yourself and the rest of us if you think they're the same.

We are out of Iraq. The biggest war we've had in decades was Iraq and it's over. We are out of Afghanistan except a small presence fighting terrorists. That was the second biggest war.

What we are doing in Syria and Afghanistan today isn't even close to what we were doing before.

Seem exactly the same to me. I bet I can name more similarities than you can differences.

Both support police state, spying on citizens, bailing out banks/industries, extremely high tax rates, NDAA, Patriot Act, Guantanamo, starting wars all over the middle east, supporting extremists to overthrow governments, printing money like crazy, destroying the economy, lying to the public, not being transparent, torturing detainees, increasing the war on drugs, increasing the war on (of) terror, infringing on second amendment, etc, etc.

BTW:
If the United States remains in combat in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria until the end of Mr. Obama’s term — a near-certainty given the president’s recent announcement that he will send 250 additional Special Operations forces to Syria — he will leave behind an improbable legacy as the only president in American history to serve two complete terms with the nation at war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/u...estled-with-protecting-nation-and-troops.html

MGC

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
double horsepoooey.

We still have boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now Syria. Had Obama not pulled us out of Iraq in such a rush, telegraphing to the enemy, ISIS (JV Team) might not have been able to take over like it did. ISIS like Al Qaeda need to be crushed out.

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
We still have boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now Syria. Had Obama not pulled us out of Iraq in such a rush, telegraphing to the enemy, ISIS (JV Team) might not have been able to take over like it did. ISIS like Al Qaeda need to be crushed out.
Want to explain how you came up with that theory?

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seem exactly the same to me. I bet I can name more similarities than you can differences.
I'm not going to call you stupid, but this statement is dumb.

You said "seem exactly the same" and then you say you can name similarities and that you expect I can describe differences.

Exactly the same is a term that excludes any difference. It's not a measure of 6 out of 10 being similar.

dump post.

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Reagan's Iran-Contra affair sure did not help.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair What does Ollie North do these days anyway?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)