Bush Bashers (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone here is suprised about the bush bashing. When Reggie was taken, there was an outcry that we could have traded down, or something better with our pick should have been done. There's been people on this board who have been waiting for reggie to fail from day one. Now, I just want to say that this is a message board, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this team has a lot of questions going forward, one of them is not Reggie Bush. He will learn to be a great back, he is just a kid. Enjoy the 6-2 start. I'm sure when Deuce was drafted, people here couldn't understand why we needed two running backs. I think Deuce worked out pretty good for us. Let's just enjoy the best looking saints team we've had in years.

this team has a lot of questions going forward, one of them is not Reggie Bush. He will learn to be a great back,

Direct contradiction. If he will learn to be even a good back, then he hasn't learned it already, and his status as a good back is in question right now.

I'm sure when Deuce was drafted, people here couldn't understand why we needed two running backs.

Ricky Williams is and was a headcase. Deuce McAllister is a class act. I dare you to find someone who disagrees.

In general: Please, I implore you, don't abuse the word "bash." Hardly nobody here is bashing Bush. Nobody here wants to see him fail. However, some of us can see the forest for the trees. Bush + ball in hand has equated to bad results as of late. Fact. We're not bashing him. We're calling it like it is. If Drew Brees **** the bed week-in, week-out, we'd be calling him out too.

I don't think anyone here wants to see Bush fail. What we do want is to see results from a player we spent the 2nd overall pick and 60 million dollars on. Maroney, Addai, Washington, etc are all doing much better. They are getting more carries you say? Deangelo Williams when healthy, was only averaging 5 carries a game, but yet he averages 5.3 yards per carry.

Here are a few notes after rewatching the tampa game. These are just rushes by Reggie along with some announcer comments. Saints fans are not the only ones that see something wrong with the way Bush is running.

1st Qtr
11:17 1st and 10 - Takes handoff and follows Karney around the left side but is caught from behind. No Gain.

6:26 1st and 10 -Takes a pitch to the left side. has two defenders but Faine and Evans have them blocked to the inside...Although the outside is free he dances a second...long enough for Rice to get around Faine. 4 yard loss.

commentator: "looking at Reggie Bush one thing he needs to do is get upfield. He's looking to make the big play everytime he has the ball in his hands. He needs to go and get yardage"

2nd Qtr
12:51 3rd and 10 - Draw play. Tackled for 3 yard loss.

11:00 1st and 10 - Takes the handoff and has running room to the right but cuts back left, right into Simeon Rice. No gain.

2:20 2nd and 3 - Takes handoff up the middle. He has a cutback lane but instead he bounces it out to the right side. 2 yard gain.

commentator: "One thing Reggie Bush needs to learn is everything can't bounce outside"

3rd Qtr
14:05 2dn and 10 - Takes handoff straight up the middle. 1 yard gain.

12:19 2nd and 15 - Takes handoff to the right side. There is a hole there, but he dances around until someone gets free. He then runs around the hole to the right side where the cornerback is being blocked...running right to the cornerback. He then reverses field and cuts back upfield. No Gain.

commentator: "We talked about it earlier. About Reggie Bush being a young back trying to bounce it outside and make the big play everytime. But with that speed on defense that Tampa Bay has, you can't be doing those things. You gotta go straight down the field, north and south, and gain some yards."

6:00 (after Deuce's touchdown) Commentator: "well we talked about the vision with Reggie Bush. Deuce is going to see the cutback open up right there. Deuce McAllister sees that lane open up on the backside and he's able to get into that hole." "Reggie Bush needs to watch some film on Deuce McAllister and follow what he does."

2:44 1st and 10 - Does a good job of following Karney around the left side, but he goes wide of Karney right into Derrick Brooks (Karney missed block).

Commentator: "You watch Reggie Bush. We talked earlier about him bouncing it to the outside. Until he starts running downhill, I just see Deuce McAllister being the main feature in this offense."

4th Qtr

11:18 2nd and 2 - Run up the middle. 1 yard gain.

8:55 2nd and 4 - Pitch to the right. 3 yard gain.

5:55 1st and 10 - Handoff up the middle. Has a hole between C and LG but bounces it outside and is tackled.

commentators: "Bouncing outside Bush. What are you doing? Up the field, up the field."

"Doesn't he listen to this broadcast at all?"

"Well maybe he will when he goes back to New Orleans"

"I think one of the things you'll see with Deuce McAllister is when he runs with the ball he's not really going full speed when he first gets it. You're kind of under control, then you explode when you find the hole that you want to run through. Sometimes it looks like Reggie Bush is just moving too quick at the time that he's getting the ball."

"Everyone talks about the speed that these young guys aren't used to and them holes on offense open up and close so fast that I think maybe he's not seeing them when they're there."

He is just so fast, and right now he is his own enemy (or defender). Deuce and the coaching staff will work this out. Reggie will listen because the man wants to be the best, and people with that work ethic never fail.

Worst case scenario, we have a great wide receiver who can run the ball up the middle when called upon.

Like S. Payton said "it is a good problem to have"

He is just so fast, and right now he is his own enemy (or defender). Deuce and the coaching staff will work this out. Reggie will listen because the man wants to be the best, and people with that work ethic never fail.

Worst case scenario, we have a great wide receiver who can run the ball up the middle when called upon.

Like S. Payton said "it is a good problem to have"

Run the ball up the middle?

Heck, the pbp above shows his clear aversion to doing that.

If you refuse to look at the bad, that's fine -- go watch some Reggie Bush college highlights. Best plays all come on outside bounces, or plays where the USC linemen mauled the entire front.

I'm alot more sick of the "bashing" of any poster who even hints that Bush hasn't done a very good job running the ball so far. Comments of concern over Bush are normal of what should be expected on a website to discuss Saints issues, and well within this site's guidlines. On other hand, the repeated insults of those raising the issue are not. Anyone simply noting what has taken place thus far has been described as a "hater", a "basher," blind sheep who only mimicked the media comments, someone hoping Bush to fail, the "same people who bashed AB", people who know nothing about football, etc, etc. Well congratulations all, you have made it no fun to express an opinon here because I have more to do than listen to a bunch of personal insults for no good reason.

I'm alot more sick of the "bashing" of any poster who even hints that Bush hasn't done a very good job running the ball so far. Comments of concern over Bush are normal of what should be expected on a website to discuss Saints issues, and well within this site's guidlines. On other hand, the repeated insults of those raising the issue are not. Anyone simply noting what has taken place thus far has been described as a "hater", a "basher," blind sheep who only mimicked the media comments, someone hoping Bush to fail, the "same people who bashed AB", people who know nothing about football, etc, etc. Well congratulations all, you have made it no fun to express an opinon here because I have more to do than listen to a bunch of personal insults for no good reason.

Exactly, just because we express concern and are not in awe of what has transpired on the field we are labeled as bashing. I will point it out one more time, I have seen ONE poster label Bush a bust.... I have seen a multitude of posters express concern over his running game and impact on a statistical and points standpoint and be labeled "haters" or "bashers". This is what is getting old, real old, really quick.

If you want only your opinions to be heard, stand infront of the mirror and talk to yourself. If you want a variety of different views, thats what a forums for. No one wants Bush to fail, but some of us want him to live up to expectations and contribute week in and week out by making plays.

Thank you, for all those who speak their hearts and hope and dream for improvement in Bush. I think we all want him to do well, but constructive criticism is every die-hard saints fan's right. Afterall, we spend the money, show up for the games, scream until voice is gone, and the 12 man on this team. Facts are Facts, and the truth will set you free.

Now, God I hope he gets mad from all this criticism and runs uphill, downhill, through the hole and becomes the greatest running back in nfl history, starting Sunday against Pittsburg. Please Reggie, turn the light and let Gods gift to you "set you free" and run to the light. (Inside! not Outside!).

How about an end to all the threads misconstruing constructive criticism as bashing regarding Bush?

I've read some "bashing," but most posters have stated the obvious--Bush, although contributing a lot to the offense, still can do better with production in the running game.

How about an end to all the threads misconstruing constructive criticism as bashing regarding Bush?...

Boy, do I agree with that. The purpose of a forum such as this is to have good, solid football discussion regarding the Saints. I'm not sure how you can do that if everyone is in agreement on everything and do not constructively criticize what they see.

IMHO, there is a significant difference between critical discussion and bashing.

It is getting old...let's just say for example Colston was the usc stud and we grabbed him 2nd overall, and picked up the rb late in the last round. We would have the same team. Of course the $ would be distributed differently. Is that the problem, some posters don't like how other people (Benson) spend their money? After all it's not your money, even if you try a sematic arguement stating that i bought a season ticket, or a peice of merchandise , and somehow that means Reggie's salary is comprised of a minescule chunk of your change, that is not the case. It's Benson's $ , and we have a stud receiver and a develpoing multi purpose player. It's a good situation.

If colston was getting the #2money and reggie the #7, would we still be having this constant bickering?

We have the best team we have had in most of your lives..enjoy it

reggie is the greatest saints player of ALL-TIME. and he is only a rookie.......when your as good as reggie, people will jump at the chance to play simon cowell(american idiol)((corny i kno)) but reggie should just retire after the saints win the superbowl, and go down as MJ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom