Bush Decision Points (1 Viewer)

gmaw

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Anyone else reading this? Fascinating book so far. The whole beginning is how he had to overcome severe alcholism. I understand people hate him with a passion,but this book really sheds light on who he is and how he became that way.

Cool little stories like how he used to ride his bike through the streets of China when his dad was Ambassador there. And how he once lived in a 500 sq ft house and had a ragged bed with a neck tie holding one corner together. Good read so far.

Need to put that on my Christmas wish list.

I have talked to two people now that have read it and said they see him in a totally different light now.

I really don't want to change the light I see him in so I won't be reading it.

Given that severe alcoholism is linked to brain damage and poor decision making I have to ask how he ever became the Rep nominee. That stuff doesn't occur in a vacuum. I certainly won't buy the book but I am sure I will read it at some point.

Given that severe alcoholism is linked to brain damage and poor decision making I have to ask how he ever became the Rep nominee. That stuff doesn't occur in a vacuum. I certainly won't buy the book but I am sure I will read it at some point.

Not to turn this into a political thread but Obama still drinks.

A really good ghostwriter could help you see things from Stalin's point of view.

I am only a few chapters and havn't even gotten to his Presidency yet, but it seems to be earnest, he includes some embarrasing things he did while drunk.

I consider myself to the right of many things....but I am able to read much of what comes from both sides of the spectrum. I have had some major issues with his administration, but I will read this when it comes out in paperback. Oh, and a bit of a reveal:..if you want to know what Iraq and this conflict is really about read State of Denial by bob Woodward. And Imperial life in the emerald city....

I fear this thread was doomed from the get go....

People please focus on the book. Why you liked it, didn't like it Etc. If you are going to criticize the man, at least point to something in the book and do it.

Or else it would better if you contemplated all possible meanings of, " I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know."

I just got it last night and started reading it today. If your going to neg rep the OP then please read the book first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom