Bush hurt more than helped (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Not sure what Reggie's final numbers were, but the Redskins did a good job keying on him yesterday. I guess they didn't want to be part of the RB rookie year highlight reel.
Reggie's got the speed and the moves, but he's getting caught in the backfield too much. Is it Reggie or the OL?

Go Saints!!!

early on it was mostly reggie... he's never gonna reach his potential until he gets 25, 30 touches a game - and that ain't gonna happen with deuce here

Not sure what Reggie's final numbers were, but the Redskins did a good job keying on him yesterday. I guess they didn't want to be part of the RB rookie year highlight reel.
Reggie's got the speed and the moves, but he's getting caught in the backfield too much. Is it Reggie or the OL?

Go Saints!!!

It's not Reggie's fault when there are defensive lineman in the backfield before he can even get to the LOS, so I would say it's the lines fault. But he does get a little too cute sometimes, especially on punts. The only punt he's returned he just used his speed to get to the outside, I wish he'd do that more often.

Go Saints!!!

Sunday, the Redskins were keying on Reggie and the screen. Evidently they saw (on film) what he's been doing to other teams with that screen, and they made sure a safety or backer kept Reggie in sight.

It'll be interesting to see what Payton does this week to counter that because you know the Giants are going to try to duplicate it.

Reggie's got the speed and the moves, but he's getting caught in the backfield too much.!

Man, that's such a loaded question, you might as well ask, "Have you stopped beating your wife"?

Sunday, the Redskins were keying on Reggie and the screen. Evidently they saw (on film) what he's been doing to other teams with that screen, and they made sure a safety or backer kept Reggie in sight.

It'll be interesting to see what Payton does this week to counter that because you know the Giants are going to try to duplicate it.

This is why I think the saints will rebound big against the giants. Payton will have time to see he was getting predictable with Reggie and he will change the offense up again. If you look back over the season he gets going on these gameplans and does not go away from them until it stops working. I expect to see alot of Deuce and Colston which will open up some plays for Reggie.

Not a good week to be the Giants.

I think vs the Redskins, the play calling was the problem... it was to obvious when they were going to get the ball to reggie... and if Brees and Reggie do not have a miss communication on that pass play Reggie goes for six... i was at the game and he had both the guys on him beat deep that is why he turned up the field and not to the outside

Yes they were keying on RB very much, what i would have liked to see is us see that and use him as a decoy more in the second half i think that would have opened up other things for us

Man, that's such a loaded question, you might as well ask, "Have you stopped beating your wife"?

Look at LT. Seeing LT accelerate through the Chargers OL and make a couple of quick moves....Reggie should be able to do that and more. Deuce is coming up on 1000yds. Are the running plays not designed well for Reggie or is it Reggie that's not used to the NFL?

Look at LT. Seeing LT accelerate through the Chargers OL and make a couple of quick moves....Reggie should be able to do that and more. Deuce is coming up on 1000yds. Are the running plays not designed well for Reggie or is it Reggie that's not used to the NFL?

Fair enough. I probably shouldn't have jumped on your original observation, but I think it's debatable whether Reggie is caught in the backfield too much. I haven't broken down every play, but I think he's gotten pretty good at getting what's available. The game against Washington obviously wasn't his best game, so I'll back off on my loaded queston accusation.

I think we can all agree that Mario Williams would have busted some long runs yesterday.

Go Saints!!!

Already forget the nice 12 yard play reggie made to help keep that last drive going?

Everyone played bad.. i guess you could say "Drew Brees hurt more than helped"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom