bush running differently (1 Viewer)

ianm892

All-Pro
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that reggie has been running more north and south the last few weeks i myself think this is a good thing his yards per carry are up and he gets a solid gain most of the time

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed Ianm. He seems to be following his blocks a bit better also. I would expect him to break runs much easier between the tackles if he gets the daylight. GO REGGIE!

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I thought you were going to say he was more bipartisan.

OP

ianm892

All-Pro
Reaction score
he's definately not trying to go for the home run every play and instead picking up solid yardage so instead of getting a 1 yard loss he'll have 5 yard gains

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
no, he is running taking the first hole and is now averaging over 4per carry, he is on the verge of a long run, i bet he gets a 20yrder against the falcon if not longer, i'm really excited to see him running this way, he will end the season with 1000combined yards 500rushing and 500recieving and maybe 5td's

Last edited:

CHI-TOWNSAINT

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
no, he is running taking the first hole and is not averaging over 4per carry, he is on the verge of a long run, i bet he gets a 20yrder against the falcon if not longer, i'm really excited to see him running this way, he will end the season with 1000combined yards 500rushing and 500recieving and maybe 5td's
Doesn't he already have close to 500 yards recieving?

mac504

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Deuce could have 500 yards receiving if given the same number of passes.He's averaging the same YPC as bush.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Deuce could have 500 yards receiving if given the same number of passes.He's averaging the same YPC as bush.
If it were up to you Deuce would have all of reggie's carries and receptions..........only problem with that is Deuce wouldn't be able to get out of bed to play anymore because his knee would be swolen to the size of a beachball!

Just be happy we have 2 quality RB's to go to!

fr3sh

A $ A P
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, Reggie is looking really good compared to some runs we were witnessing earlier in the year.

mac504

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
If it were up to you Deuce would have all of reggie's carries and receptions..........only problem with that is Deuce wouldn't be able to get out of bed to play anymore because his knee would be swolen to the size of a beachball!

Just be happy we have 2 quality RB's to go to!

I think Bush is coming along nicely I'm just saying Deuce or even a guy like Jamal Branch could put up similiar stats and be just as productive as Bush.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Bush is running like he knows what he is doing. He is running with authority now. I wouldn't mind seeing Bush get a good 20 carries just to see if he has what it takes to carry the ball consistently.

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Still too wreckless with the ball though. he runs with his arms and that ball is out there way too much. He also mishandled one of those pitch backs and luckily tucked it in as he hit the line last week.

Danchrism

Reaction score
He's looking more decisive in his runs; trusting the oline. He's learning that by doing this, the big one will come eventually.

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I think Bush is coming along nicely I'm just saying Deuce or even a guy like Jamal Branch could put up similiar stats and be just as productive as Bush.
I don't think Deuce and Bush are the same in the speed department.

A few of Bush's catchs were between 2 defenders where he runs for 8+ yards.

I don't think Deuce in the same situation could do that, hes more of a "I'll run right through you" type of back.

OP

ianm892

All-Pro
Reaction score
the way bush secures the all reminds me of tiki barber before he held it better....i think reggie had his learning period and now he'll start to get better and better as a player and by next year hopefully having an offseason with LT adding a few pounds he'll be even more dangerous than he already is creating even worse mismatches

jimwnola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I thought last game was a good sign for Bush, but was overlooked by other aspects of that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom