bush running differently (1 Viewer)

I thought last game was a good sign for Bush, but was overlooked by other aspects of that game.

agreed....i remember during the game thinking how much better he was running but then thinking how poorly we managed the game in the red zone

He is taking it straight up now instead of trying to race to the corner on every run....plus he does still have a hurt ankle. You can see him limp to the sidelines alot. I think that has hurt his ability to cut.....

It just took a little time and I think they are working with him about going more north and south first then try and make the cuts.

just think back to reggie's first games. juke juke and nothing but juke. this last home game, he's pretty much put that behind him. i say good coaching, where the kid is now hearing his coach and doing as heard, is the difference. i expect improvement each week or so as the lessons start hitting home and he sees a result. also, this has basically gone on team-wise. anyone else notice that when a problem develops with a player, or a player comes aboard with a problem, something is done about it and changes become evident? as with the signup of someone to help carney out. we are evolving, week by week. each game is a classroom. and each week i expect to see improvement. i have no doubts. GO SAINTS!

If it were up to you Deuce would have all of reggie's carries and receptions..........only problem with that is Deuce wouldn't be able to get out of bed to play anymore because his knee would be swolen to the size of a beachball!

Just be happy we have 2 quality RB's to go to!

I think Bush is getting waaaay too many carries for the amount of yards he is producing. We'd be better off giving the ball to Deuce more

I have been waiting all year to see Reggie run the ball the way he has the last two games. If he continues to do that the long runs will come and he can easily be a 1300-1600 yard back every year. All that running outside must have been game planning by the coaches to get teams to spread out some. JAG

I actually saw Reggie following close behing a guard with his hand on his butt running pure North and South. It showed me that he is trying to wait for the play to develop. It's hard for me or in my opinion anyone else to tell him to ignore his God given instinct and do what I think he should. I think he is on the verge of a breakout and I can't wait to see it!

Yeah, he decided to do what that one car commercial said.

"Choose any direction, as long as it's forward."

I don't think Deuce and Bush are the same in the speed department.

A few of Bush's catchs were between 2 defenders where he runs for 8+ yards.

I don't think Deuce in the same situation could do that, hes more of a "I'll run right through you" type of back.

I feel like he used to be before his injuries. I also think that in a year or two, you'll see an increase in his speed.

we need bush to get a bit bigger and keep his speed personally i'd like him and LT to become good friends and work out in the offseason together...and then maybe bush can be as valuable as a player as LT but in a different way

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom