Bush the better back the past 2 weeks (1 Viewer)

the yardage is great, but we are not controlling the clock. When playing teams like cinncy you need to keep the offense off the field.

We've gotta be near tops in the league in time of possession. You don't need to run a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense to control the clock.

Hey i like reggie but just because he finally had some positive yards and no fumbles does not make him the better back sorry.That being said i think we need to run a bit more 23 touches between two backs not enough to get going

teams are taking away our running game, plus the O-line isn't exactly the best road graders in the league. Payton has already said he will not pound into a brick wall. plus the short passing game is like a running game. high percentage passes equal completions that gain yards and keep the clock moving.

where's all the people who were complaining that Deuce fumbled too much 2 years ago? ya'll are just like the people who said FT was better than MM.

the yardage is great, but we are not controlling the clock. When playing teams like cinncy you need to keep the offense off the field. This is where i feel we are not utilizing duece enough.

When we tied the score in the fourth quarter, we had

outgained them 409-220,

run 58 plays to their 40, and

controlled the clock for 26:46 out of 46:21.

How much more do we have to dominate the ball to keep some people happy?

Regardless of who is the better back, we have to be excited that Bush has learned how to run in the NFL. The Pittsburg game was the turning point. He had several runs for just one yard.....He is now learning that one yard is ok. Its way better than negative 3 yards.

this is just another case of bashing one player to make another player look good, Duece had 40yrds on 8 carries Reggie had 51 on 13, They both ran so you cant really put duece down, specially since he doesnt get the carries any runningback who produces like duece should get, Reggie is running better YES!! but Duece is running "LESS" which aint good, Duece should atleast get 15 carries minimum.

Here is where I think the answer lies and noone can dispute it. The offense runs better with Deuce as the primary and Bush as the freak. Defenses are more worried about the run when deuce is the RB which opens the field for the pass.

prove me wrong...........

That's pretty easy. Their stats are fairly comparable and after watching both games I didn't necessarily see anything that shows Bush is playing any better. Bush is improving but that doesn't mean McAllister is playing any worse.

I think the bottom line is that we have two good backs....we just need to use them more to run

Agreed........ the bottom line is that if either Deuce or Reggie would get over 25 carries in a game they would break 100 yards... Reggie just has a better chance to break the long one...also Deuce ran hard and played his guts out while on the field...but a few times going to the sideline you could tell he was favoring his knee...

I still like the combo... would like to see more than 23 running plays between the both of them though

Here is where I think the answer lies and noone can dispute it. The offense runs better with Deuce as the primary and Bush as the freak. Defenses are more worried about the run when deuce is the RB which opens the field for the pass.

what i think... when bush is in the game the defense has to put a safety or 3rd corner on bush...they get a guy to key on him... this is what opens the passing game... the best way to open the passing game is to put bush in the slot... and Deuce in the backfield

Bush is a freak

this is just another case of bashing one player to make another player look good, Duece had 40yrds on 8 carries Reggie had 51 on 13, They both ran so you cant really put duece down, specially since he doesnt get the carries any runningback who produces like duece should get, Reggie is running better YES!! but Duece is running "LESS" which aint good, Duece should atleast get 15 carries minimum.

i think that Deuce should get about 15-20, and Reggie about 10-15, but is was very hard for them to run the ball when they have been playing from behind

When we tied the score in the fourth quarter, we had

outgained them 409-220,

run 58 plays to their 40, and

controlled the clock for 26:46 out of 46:21.

How much more do we have to dominate the ball to keep some people happy?

We dominate nearly every game, to make me happy they need to stop the turnovers... and get some freaken takeaways

Bush impressed me with some hard, SMART running between the tackles yesterday, buy I wouldn't say that he's a more effective runner than Deuce. The running game is suffering from a weak run-blocking line. Also, bear in mind that the Steelers and the Bengals had the benefit of 8 weeks of game film to analyze. As the season progresses, tendencies and weaknesses become more apparent. The coaching staff schemed around personel weaknesses for eight weeks. By now, though, it has become harder to hide these weaknesses. This is why good teams emerge in the second half of the season while overachievers tend to fade. I'm not trying to be gloomy, though. I think the Saints are a good team, but they are not good enough to overcome turnovers.

prove me wrong...........

vs. the Bengals

Bush - 3.9 ypc (51 total rushing yards)
McAllister - 4 ypc (40 total rushing yards)

vs. the Steelers

Bush - 4.9 ypc (49 total rushing yards)
McAllister - 4 ypc (60 total rushing yards)

Two game totals = Bush & McAllister with 100 yards, with Bush having a higher ypc average, but only by .4 ypc.

On the year:

Bush - 307 yards with a 3 ypc average + 1 score (on 104 carries)
McAllister - 587 yards with a 4.3 ypc average + 7 scores (on 136 carries)

NOTE: Both backs have 6.7 yards per pass they've caught.

So, how can ayone really say Bush is clearly better than Deuce?

Ya just knew someone was waiting for Bush to have a better game than Deuce to proclaim Bush the better back.Ya just knew it.

what i think... when bush is in the game the defense has to put a safety or 3rd corner on bush...they get a guy to key on him... this is what opens the passing game... the best way to open the passing game is to put bush in the slot... and Deuce in the backfield

Bush is a freak

Agreed. Same difference, now only if we can get it done. lol

I am still waiting for Bush to catch the 15yds pass down the middle and burn by the safety for a 50+yd TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom