Bush wants strong dollar, independence from foreign oil and alternate energy (1 Viewer)

Wow, I mean, that all sounds awesome, but where was any movement towards this 4 years ago?

Don't you mean seven years ago?

I specifically remembering his 2004 State of the Union speech, which contained a lot of the same talk. But turned out to be epically hollow.

He says nice stuff, it just clearly doesn't mean anything.

7 years ago? 4 years ago?

How about now. Bush talks for 20 minutes about stuff that sounds great. Yet at the same time each of his actions are completely different than the words. Everything he has done has promoted a weak dollar, high oil prices and inflation. I do believe he is for ethanol because every time I go to the grocery store I am reminded of stupid ****ing ethanol.

He will do this all in 9 months?

I'll vote Republican again if he can somehow manage that

LOL!

I do believe he is for ethanol because every time I go to the grocery store I am reminded of stupid ****ing ethanol.

I have to believe oil companies are the ones pushing ethanol. It makes 0 sense otherwise. The only thing ethanol is doing is giving the illusion of fuel companies being "committed" to change while essentially preserving the same profit making system they've been suckling off of for the past few decades. Ethanol is cute for them because it fits oh so neatly into their current manufacturing, pricing, and distribution ring.

But as a real solution it's completely laughable. Insultingly so.

I, for one, am not interested in converting to ethanol. It burns faster than gas and will more than likely cost more.

That's a LIE, not U from W.

Look up TORT reform.

A bill so homeowners can't sue the insurance companies, among other things.

Which is idiotic. Unbelievably so.

You might think lawsuits are too far reaching, but preventing homeowners from suing assumes some kind of trust and goodwill on the part of insurance companies, something that has been proven repeatedly to be patently false.

ALL of the people living in the gulf cost found that out the hard way.

The rest of america needs to wake up

I have to believe oil companies are the ones pushing ethanol. It makes 0 sense otherwise. The only thing ethanol is doing is giving the illusion of fuel companies being "committed" to change while essentially preserving the same profit making system they've been suckling off of for the past few decades. Ethanol is cute for them because it fits oh so neatly into their current manufacturing, pricing, and distribution ring.

But as a real solution it's completely laughable. Insultingly so.

Farmers are pushing Ethanol because of the fortune that they are making from the government subsities. To a big extent....it is about money.

Bush?????? Man....don't get me started. I voted for him twice, BECAUSE I HAD NO
ALTERNATIVE. I don't want to hear about Gore and Kerry. Give me a break. The Dems are not doing much better this time around either.

I am so disappointed with Bush. Other than keeping us from being attacked again, he has done very little positive.

Joe

WOW! Bush is such a nice guy.

IMO, they are pushing the ethonol thing to teach us a lesson. You want alternatives from fossil fuel? Fine. Let's give em corn. Ooops, sorry. Now corn will be too expensive for every day food items. That'll show ya, you whining little fools.

They punish us by going against big oil.

Talk is easy. Too bad 7 years worth of actions totally contradict what he is saying. Hes got a lot of work to do since in January he was promising peace in the middle east with the peace plan by the time he left office.

WOW! Bush is such a nice guy.

IMO, they are pushing the ethanol thing to teach us a lesson. You want alternatives from fossil fuel? Fine. Let's give em corn. Ooops, sorry. Now corn will be too expensive for every day food items. That'll show ya, you whining little fools.

They punish us by going against big oil.

Corn is the most eaten crop worldwide. Think how many starving people there will be if we corn. Soybeans R better and switch grass is the best for ethanol per acre.
But, there all not renewable resources.

Solar, wind, water current and geothermal R the only real solutions.

But, no company could make money off of them so their a no go.

same reason pot is illegal

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom