Bush wants strong dollar, independence from foreign oil and alternate energy (1 Viewer)

thumb_bush_angel2.jpg

That's a LIE, not U from W.

Look up TORT reform.

A bill so homeowners can't sue the insurance companies, among other things.

Presidents don't write legislation. That's the job of the congress.

So, U don't think politicians talk to one another, have meetings, make behind closed door deals.

P.S. presidents can sponsor bills, but can't introduce them in congress

Hey, I want that stuff too! Bush is so totally awesome! OMGLOL!!!!111

What this really means is that Bush wants a weak dollar, total dependence on Saudi Oil, and no dern tree-huggin' alt.energy.

Hasn't anybody learned anything about this guy?

He also states he doesn't want to bail out creditors and wants to help the homeowners.

thats my favorite part of this whole thing. It is AMAZING how this man gets the public to look right past his true agenda. OF COURSE HE IS BAILING OUT THE CREDITORS!!! By giving the "people" the means to pay/afford whatever its paying the CREDITORS.

I can see the meeting in the Square Office now. "Ok we need to help the creditors but how do we do it without coming right out looking as though thats all we care about? I got it. I will put on my best "dolt" face, tell the public that we dont want to help creditors, we want to help you. That way, by helping you, you will in turn pay your debt and help the creditors MMMUUWWHAAA HA AH HA... ( ie Housing and credit cards ) ....Tee hee.... Americans....

this freakin guy here....just plain dumb.

IMO, they are pushing the ethonol thing to teach us a lesson. You want alternatives from fossil fuel? Fine. Let's give em corn. Ooops, sorry. Now corn will be too expensive for every day food items. That'll show ya, you whining little fools.

I tend to agree with this perspective. Ethanol is was doomed from the beginning. I saw predictions of higher food prices including milk, meat and eggs early last year. It's also well documented there are limitations to ethanol (not to mention the 50 cent/gallon subsidy).
Ethanol’s use is uneconomic without a large government subsidy and, outside of the Midwest, it can not be integrated into the nation’s gasoline supply and transportation system. Increased reliance on ethanol would result in air quality backsliding. And, most importantly, it can destabilize the nation’s gasoline supply without offering significant energy security benefits and without even benefiting America’s farmers.

http://www.calgasoline.com/factetha.htm

Well, whatever President Bush says at this point, you've really got to look at the actions of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve, not the talk.

Seriously, the current economic situation has devolved well beyond politics. The unwinding of the credit markets goes well beyond Bush policies.

What has happened is that the financial markets' innovation in creating these debt instruments such as CDOs, CDO-squared, etc. goes way beyond the government's previous ability to regulate such instruments. Just like the government regulatory agencies were way behind the curve with "Portfolio Insurance" in 1987, they are similarly behind the curve today. This is not a criticism of the government, it's simply the way it is. Even for the most sophisticated government leaders in this crisis, leaders such as Fed Chairman Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Paulson, two extremely bright guys, call them brilliant if you want, it took them a solid six months to wrap their arms around the enormity of this crisis.

I call BS on this guy. if he really wanted all of this he would have done something years ago. as with most politicos he hasn't got a clue.

Well, whatever President Bush says at this point, you've really got to look at the actions of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve, not the talk.

Seriously, the current economic situation has devolved well beyond politics. The unwinding of the credit markets goes well beyond Bush policies.

What has happened is that the financial markets' innovation in creating these debt instruments such as CDOs, CDO-squared, etc. goes way beyond the government's previous ability to regulate such instruments. Just like the government regulatory agencies were way behind the curve with "Portfolio Insurance" in 1987, they are similarly behind the curve today. This is not a criticism of the government, it's simply the way it is. Even for the most sophisticated government leaders in this crisis, leaders such as Fed Chairman Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Paulson, two extremely bright guys, call them brilliant if you want, it took them a solid six months to wrap their arms around the enormity of this crisis.

The government is hamstrung here because if they try to get out in front of it then Wall Street and the Larry Kudlows of the world will come out bitterly complaining of "over-regulation" and of how the government is "stifling innovation", harming competitiveness and interfering in the marketplace.

I'm not sure how it can ever play out another way. You have to wait for Wall Street to predictably push the limits of its greed until a breaking point then digest the lessons, fight the last war and wait for the next one.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I have a solution to Ethonol. We can recycle corn, that way no one will starve.

I tend to agree with this perspective. Ethanol is was doomed from the beginning. I saw predictions of higher food prices including milk, meat and eggs early last year. It's also well documented there are limitations to ethanol (not to mention the 50 cent/gallon subsidy).

http://www.calgasoline.com/factetha.htm

And that might be the correct position -- I don't know enough about the pros and cons of ethanol.

But as for that specific link, it's worth noting for consideration that James White, author of that site, made a career working for the oil and gas industry, including as a lobbyist.

Environmental government relations consulting with expertise in matters regarding Gasoline Reformulation Issues, Underground Storage Tanks (USTs), Aboveground Storage Tanks (ASTs), Gasoline Vapor Recovery, etc. Specialties include downstream oil industry "Standard of Care" and Forensic Oil Industry History related to environmental, health & safety matters.

23 years at a major oil company with early retirement as Director, Environmental Issues Management in 1995. Experience includes operation and financial responsibilities in the retail and distribution sectors of the business. Also managed the introduction of various innovative fuel programs. Involved with environmental, health and safety compliance and advocacy matters since 1976.

Former Technical ARCO Lobbyist on downstream oil industry issues. Past Vice-Chair American Petroleum Institute (API) Storage Tank Task Force and former Chair of Marketing Environmental Subcommittee. Also past Chair of the Western States Petroleum Association (WSPA) Environmental Marketing Subcommittee. Participated in writing and revising Industry Standards and Recommended Practices.

Degree in Geology, University of Delaware, 1973

Doesn't make him wrong, but I think most people agree and expect that the loudest opposition to alternative fuel sources and technologies is and will come from those with a vested interest in oil and gas.

He tries. He just can't get anything done because of the Democrats and how badly Clinton left our nation before he came into office.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom