Bushrod & Alleman - How Close to Starting? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
What's the thoughts on these two guys. How far away are they from contributing?

Breezy9

Reaction score
I don't think either one this season. I think Streif is the one who might be the one starting this season at RT.

Alleman I think has the best shot to start at G if Nesbit is moved to center. Goodwin played well last season so I doubt that's going to happen.

I think Brown, Nesbit, and Evans are locks and Goodwin is almost. I think Stinchcomb is the position that might be open and I think Strief wins it out over Bushrod.

Next year the possibility goes up that one of them two will be starting.

Reaction score
I think the FO wants Alleman to take the LG spot this year. Thats why the only signed Nesbit to a 1 year deal. That way, if Alleman is not ready, Nesbit can take the reins for one more year. Bushrod will not start for a few years, we recently extended Stinch and he is adequate.

Last edited:

Six Saint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Strief could start now. Alleman close. Bushrod still developing from what I hear from someone in the organization

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good question. I was wondering about this, and I guess it's one of those questions that we won't know about until training camp.

fish321

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I dont think we will see any of em opening the season as a starter though I would like to Strief crack the starting lineup. He was a little shaky at times, I think he got 2 false starts in a goal line situation, but I feel like he will be an upgrade over Stinch. Stinch is adequate but I dont feel like he is much of a power driving run blocker and if Brees didnt have such a pocket presence and fast release he would get sacked from that side much more often

• Banned
OP

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Fish - I think you are spot-on. Stinch is a better OT because Brees is so good at dumping it quickly. If we got a real power surge from our O-line, we would be truly frightening to defenses because a back like Thomas could put up big numbers and we could dominate the line of scrimmage. I was hoping that Alleman and Bushrod could bulk-up and give us some real power alongside Brwon and Evans tis year. Sounds like that will not be happening this year. Thanks for the thoughts.

Last edited:

MudBugger

Very Banned
Reaction score
Fish - I think you are spot-on. Stinch is a better OT because Brees is so good at dumping it quickly. If we got a real power surge from our O-line, we would be truly frightening to defenses because a back like Thomas could put up big numbers and we could dominate the line of scrimmage. I was hoping that Alleman and Bushrod could bulk-up and give us some real power alongside Brwon and Evans tis year. Sounds like that will not be happening this year. Thanks for the thoughts.

Brees makes the entire offensive line better. Heck, everyone talks so much about how Stinch is just average, why is anyone all over Brown for his play last season. He had a worst season than Stinch!!!!

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I dont think we will see any of em opening the season as a starter though I would like to Strief crack the starting lineup. He was a little shaky at times, I think he got 2 false starts in a goal line situation, but I feel like he will be an upgrade over Stinch. Stinch is adequate but I dont feel like he is much of a power driving run blocker and if Brees didnt have such a pocket presence and fast release he would get sacked from that side much more often

Bingo.

Reaction score
Well, to be fair...Jammal Brown was supposed to be out for the season with a torn knee ligament. Thank god for modern MRIs or he would have had surgery for nothing...

GermanSaint

Reaction score
i agree , before one of them start , especially alleman it would have to be strief.
alleman is far far away from a NFL Guard , he isnt aggressive nor strong , i doubt that he will ever start for us , nesbit isnt the best starting guard but atleast two levels above loudmouth alleman .... strief is an athletic and big OT , i think he would bring the best combination on the table , as from bushrod i didnt see much , but i hope he pushes for one of the OT or OG jobs , like evans did.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think its premature to say either way, they spent there rookie seasons improving (strength, knowledge of the game) and now there in offseason #2 to get better, so there could be a chance either Bushrod or Alleman replace a starter due to ineffectiveness more so than them out performing a vet in camp...the guy I wanna see get a chance is Strief at Right Tackle, he just seems like a better option with his size and girth...Stinch is a good player, but Strief is a better option for that spot (to me) and hopefully his performance in camp will show he should be inserted at Right Tackle...we need more power in the run blocking and 6'7 350...he can get it.

OP

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
So we red-shirted three draft picks in 07: Meachem, Alleman and Bushrod. Intersting FO approach to a fast changing NFL game. If it pays off, it will look like we had 10 draft choices this year.

lilvipa221

Champs!!!!
Reaction score
I think its premature to say either way, they spent there rookie seasons improving (strength, knowledge of the game) and now there in offseason #2 to get better, so there could be a chance either Bushrod or Alleman replace a starter due to ineffectiveness more so than them out performing a vet in camp...the guy I wanna see get a chance is Strief at Right Tackle, he just seems like a better option with his size and girth...Stinch is a good player, but Strief is a better option for that spot (to me) and hopefully his performance in camp will show he should be inserted at Right Tackle...we need more power in the run blocking and 6'7 350...he can get it.

he is def. bigger than that. just look at my avatar and i am 5'10.

UTSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
one of the best O-Line in leagues and people still want to cut them up.

Like Fish said, Brees makes any O-line look good. Look at the O-line he had in San Diego.

Somebody put up a highlight video of Colston and I came away more nervous about our O-line (especially from the pressure coming from Stinchcomb's side). Thank God Brees is so quick with his progressions.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom