Bushrod & Alleman - How Close to Starting? (1 Viewer)

I don't think either one this season. I think Streif is the one who might be the one starting this season at RT.

Alleman I think has the best shot to start at G if Nesbit is moved to center. Goodwin played well last season so I doubt that's going to happen.

I think Brown, Nesbit, and Evans are locks and Goodwin is almost. I think Stinchcomb is the position that might be open and I think Strief wins it out over Bushrod.

Next year the possibility goes up that one of them two will be starting.

I think the FO wants Alleman to take the LG spot this year. Thats why the only signed Nesbit to a 1 year deal. That way, if Alleman is not ready, Nesbit can take the reins for one more year. Bushrod will not start for a few years, we recently extended Stinch and he is adequate.

Last edited:
Strief could start now. Alleman close. Bushrod still developing from what I hear from someone in the organization

Good question. I was wondering about this, and I guess it's one of those questions that we won't know about until training camp.

I dont think we will see any of em opening the season as a starter though I would like to Strief crack the starting lineup. He was a little shaky at times, I think he got 2 false starts in a goal line situation, but I feel like he will be an upgrade over Stinch. Stinch is adequate but I dont feel like he is much of a power driving run blocker and if Brees didnt have such a pocket presence and fast release he would get sacked from that side much more often

Fish - I think you are spot-on. Stinch is a better OT because Brees is so good at dumping it quickly. If we got a real power surge from our O-line, we would be truly frightening to defenses because a back like Thomas could put up big numbers and we could dominate the line of scrimmage. I was hoping that Alleman and Bushrod could bulk-up and give us some real power alongside Brwon and Evans tis year. Sounds like that will not be happening this year. Thanks for the thoughts.

Last edited:
Fish - I think you are spot-on. Stinch is a better OT because Brees is so good at dumping it quickly. If we got a real power surge from our O-line, we would be truly frightening to defenses because a back like Thomas could put up big numbers and we could dominate the line of scrimmage. I was hoping that Alleman and Bushrod could bulk-up and give us some real power alongside Brwon and Evans tis year. Sounds like that will not be happening this year. Thanks for the thoughts.

Brees makes the entire offensive line better. Heck, everyone talks so much about how Stinch is just average, why is anyone all over Brown for his play last season. He had a worst season than Stinch!!!!

I dont think we will see any of em opening the season as a starter though I would like to Strief crack the starting lineup. He was a little shaky at times, I think he got 2 false starts in a goal line situation, but I feel like he will be an upgrade over Stinch. Stinch is adequate but I dont feel like he is much of a power driving run blocker and if Brees didnt have such a pocket presence and fast release he would get sacked from that side much more often

Bingo.

i agree , before one of them start , especially alleman it would have to be strief.
alleman is far far away from a NFL Guard , he isnt aggressive nor strong , i doubt that he will ever start for us , nesbit isnt the best starting guard but atleast two levels above loudmouth alleman .... strief is an athletic and big OT , i think he would bring the best combination on the table , as from bushrod i didnt see much , but i hope he pushes for one of the OT or OG jobs , like evans did.

I think its premature to say either way, they spent there rookie seasons improving (strength, knowledge of the game) and now there in offseason #2 to get better, so there could be a chance either Bushrod or Alleman replace a starter due to ineffectiveness more so than them out performing a vet in camp...the guy I wanna see get a chance is Strief at Right Tackle, he just seems like a better option with his size and girth...Stinch is a good player, but Strief is a better option for that spot (to me) and hopefully his performance in camp will show he should be inserted at Right Tackle...we need more power in the run blocking and 6'7 350...he can get it.

So we red-shirted three draft picks in 07: Meachem, Alleman and Bushrod. Intersting FO approach to a fast changing NFL game. If it pays off, it will look like we had 10 draft choices this year.

I think its premature to say either way, they spent there rookie seasons improving (strength, knowledge of the game) and now there in offseason #2 to get better, so there could be a chance either Bushrod or Alleman replace a starter due to ineffectiveness more so than them out performing a vet in camp...the guy I wanna see get a chance is Strief at Right Tackle, he just seems like a better option with his size and girth...Stinch is a good player, but Strief is a better option for that spot (to me) and hopefully his performance in camp will show he should be inserted at Right Tackle...we need more power in the run blocking and 6'7 350...he can get it.

he is def. bigger than that. just look at my avatar and i am 5'10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom