Bushrod & Alleman - How Close to Starting? (1 Viewer)

one of the best O-Line in leagues and people still want to cut them up.

Like Fish said, Brees makes any O-line look good. Look at the O-line he had in San Diego.

Somebody put up a highlight video of Colston and I came away more nervous about our O-line (especially from the pressure coming from Stinchcomb's side). Thank God Brees is so quick with his progressions.

Last edited:
I think the FO wants Alleman to take the LG spot this year. Thats why the only signed Nesbit to a 1 year deal. That way, if Alleman is not ready, Nesbit can take the reins for one more year. Bushrod will not start for a few years, we recently extended Stinch and he is adequate.

I'm not saying Bushrod is on par with J. Brown talent wise or ability wise, but he started LT his second year, and RT is supposed to be a LOT easier to pick up then LT. I'm kind of hoping there might be some competition at RT.

I think the FO wants Alleman to take the LG spot this year. Thats why the only signed Nesbit to a 1 year deal. That way, if Alleman is not ready, Nesbit can take the reins for one more year. Bushrod will not start for a few years, we recently extended Stinch and he is adequate.

I thought Nesbit was a 3 year deal? I saw it, plain as day, at the saints website.

Strief could start at RT. He played RT at Northwestern and frankly is just too big to slide and mirror NFL REs. Payton keeps trying him at LT and he does OK, but the guy is a natural RT. Stinchcomb has not impressed me save a few games.....

Bushrod...well, we havent seen much of this guy. I remember watching him at the combine and I must say, I'd try him at G but Coach likes him at backup OT. Decent footwork, long, powerful arms, flashes brute strength.... He seems to have the tools, hope he isnt dumb as a brick.

Alleman - IMO the worst pick in the 2007 draft that made the team. This guy was a converted DT from a subpar program (Akron) and he seemed to have serious attitude and cockiness problems according to one Scouting report.....They wanna try him at G, go ahead. I think he's too small and not strong enough to match up against NFL DTs. We could have scooped up DT Tank Tyler with this pick, but Payton decides to gamble on a raw, tweener of a project.

Yeah, I dont know why Payton insist on playing him at Left Tackle, he was a first or second team All American at Right Tackle at Northwestern....

Yeah, I dont know why Payton insist on playing him at Left Tackle, he was a first or second team All American at Right Tackle at Northwestern....

I would say it is because Stinchcomb hasn't missed a game IIRC in the last two years, while Jammal Brown has missed some time in each of the last two years. Coach probably rates Strief as our best back up Tackle, which means he was the best man to fill in for Brown when he's out. I would think that he would do the same for any time Stinchcomb misses.

I would say it is because Stinchcomb hasn't missed a game IIRC in the last two years, while Jammal Brown has missed some time in each of the last two years. Coach probably rates Strief as our best back up Tackle, which means he was the best man to fill in for Brown when he's out. I would think that he would do the same for any time Stinchcomb misses.

I think that was last year, though. At that time Strief was our best backup tackle, but it's possible that he will be surpassed before the start of next season.

he is def. bigger than that. just look at my avatar and i am 5'10.

Man, what a monster!!! I'd love to see him at right tackle. We could run all over the world with him. Maybe Bush could finally get past the line or around the right side with a road grader like him blocking....

one of the best O-Line in leagues and people still want to cut them up.

Only at pass blocking. Strief + Goody + healthy RB's and more PT = huge upgrade to running game = more play-action = more shots downfield. We all saw last year that without a running game or deep threats, Brees still willed this team to some good offensive numbers. With a better running game and Meachem, whom I hope does well, we should see lots of 40yds+ pass plays. Think Devery in '06. Highest ypc in the league. What was it 27 yards per? That is nuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom