Bushrod may not be back...[Mod edit - OPINION] (1 Viewer)

I honestly don't think Bushrod gives much headache to the Saints FO....he is not that good to begin with.

If not for the massive help from the others, Bushrod would have been on his butt almost every time someone tried to bullrush him. He is weak for an average LT, and let Chicago overpay him.

I expect the Saints to draft a LT in the middle rounds...who knows? maybe they can find another gem in the rough...

I honestly don't think Bushrod gives much headache to the Saints FO....he is not that good to begin with.

If not for the massive help from the others, Bushrod would have been on his butt almost every time someone tried to bullrush him. He is weak for an average LT, and let Chicago overpay him.

I expect the Saints to draft a LT in the middle rounds...who knows? maybe they can find another gem in the rough...

you expect them to replace their starting left tackle with the possibility of a mid-round rookie turning out better than expected. for reals?

you expect them to replace their starting left tackle with the possibility of a mid-round rookie turning out better than expected. for reals?

It sure looks they have a nose for discovering mid round talent on offense....heck, Bushrod was a 5th rounder himself.

and sat on the bench for two years.

You just never know....this year the draft is deep in tackles.....and they might get lucky again....sure Bushrod sit for 2 years, but Colston didn't. And he was drafted in the 7th rd.

The question is....should they pay Bushrod what he wants...I think not.

It sure looks they have a nose for discovering mid round talent on offense....heck, Bushrod was a 5th rounder himself.

Ya but your also talking about one of the most important positions protecting our most valuable asset on this team (Brees) from injury.

If he gets injured, the season is done. And you have the idea that its ok to leave that up to a mid round rookie?

No.

You just never know....this year the draft is deep in tackles.....and they might get lucky again....sure Bushrod sit for 2 years, but Colston didn't. And he was drafted in the 7th rd.

The question is....should they pay Bushrod what he wants...I think not.

This draft is not deep in tackles. Its was suppose to be but two college juniors didn't declare. After the top 3 who will all go in the first round, there is not one LT in this draft to start and depend on keeping Brees healthy

This draft is not deep in tackles. Its was suppose to be but two college juniors didn't declare. After the top 3 who will all go in the first round, there is not one LT in this draft to start and depend on keeping Brees healthy

RD 1:
Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

RD 2:
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Dallas Thomas, OT/G, Tennessee
Kyle Long, G/OT, Oregon

RD 3:
Barrett Jones, G/C/OT, Alabama
Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
Justin Pugh, G/OT, Syracuse
David Bakhtiari, OT, Colorado
David Quessenberry, G/C/OT, San Jose State

This is just the first 3 rounds, in the order of which most drafts have them going, before the other one is drafted. Now, add in all of the Free agents that are declaring this year. Bushrod will want to win a championship, that will weigh on his decision.

Trust, that will carry a lot of weight with his decision.

Franchise Bushrod. No since in leaving it out there. We do not have another player worthy of a franchise tag. Busdrod will be a Saint! Rather he signs the franchise that on him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom