Bushrod may not be back...[Mod edit - OPINION] (1 Viewer)

Can we suspend the "Brees gonna die" hyperbole?

There are plenty of LTs out there, and if you read, we already told you that Clady (who is the best right now, consensusly) is tagged at under 10. Relax, let the market play itself out. These coaches may all go low this year and make this conversation moot.

If you want to comment on one of my post by sticking words in mouth like a troll. You completely missed my point. If Bushrod leaves and we don't get a suitable replacment in FA and one is there at our pick at 15 then you all but have to take him.

If you want to comment on one of my post by sticking words in mouth like a troll. You completely missed my point. If Bushrod leaves and we don't get a suitable replacment in FA and one is there at our pick at 15 then you all but have to take him.

Actually, it was a comment to engulf your, and others, concerns that Loomis is going to let him walk and not fill the Gap. Just reminds me of the Nicks threads from last year. Nicks walked, we got in a good replacement, nobody died, though Nicks was injured and did not fulfilla season.

Why won't we do that this year?

If he wants a payday, we need to let him.go. Drew mechanics help make people in that position better. Ryan Clady was on NFL radio yesterday saying as much for Manning. He was tagged and is cool.with it...but he is going to hold out. Bottom line...you have Clady, Long, Bushrod and others seeking payment with a lucrative crop from college coming. He chose a bad time.

He chose when his contract ran out?

Actually, it was a comment to engulf your, and others, concerns that Loomis is going to let him walk and not fill the Gap. Just reminds me of the Nicks threads from last year. Nicks walked, we got in a good replacement, nobody died, though Nicks was injured and did not fulfilla season.

For one, I think it's highly unlikely we find a probowl left tackle cheaper than we would pay Bushrod. Isn't that what happened with Nicks last year?

For one, I think it's highly unlikely we find a probowl left tackle cheaper than we would pay Bushrod. Isn't that what happened with Nicks last year?

Loomis has already said, that resigning Bushrod will be the biggest challenge this offseason.
Bushrod's impending free agency has been quiet to this point, but GM Mickey Loomis said last month that re-signing his left tackle will be the offseason's biggest challenge. New Orleans is in a cap crunch for the second straight year. Bushrod checks in as our No. 9 free-agent tackle in what is currently a deep class. A reunion with Aaron Kromer in Chicago would make a lot of sense.

Kromer will do what he can to get Bushrod, and it will not be smart to try and outbid him, if it becomes a bidding war.

Insidejob: FoS.

If he wants to walk all you can do is franchise and he isn't worth that
And filling the gap with a FA works but you have to find someone you want but also wants to be a Saint. Not every player wants to play here.

LT has a much higher posistional value than guard and you can't simply assume what Happened last year getting Grubbs will simply happen again.

Loomis has already said, that resigning Bushrod will be the biggest challenge this offseason.

Kromer will do what he can to get Bushrod, and it will not be smart to try and outbid him, if it becomes a bidding war.

Insidejob: FoS.
I did a poor job of explaining my position.

As you pointed out, Bushrod will be a priority.
There will not be a cheaper / better (Proven) alternative.
Plus, Brees wants him back and trust him.

We already have a defense that will be a question mark, the last thing we need is uncertainty at left tackle.
I really hope Loomis finds a way to sign him for at least one more year.

Personally, I'm a fan. We have one of the best offenses in the league and deserves his share of that. He's also very, very dependable. Find a way to pay the man and move on.

If he wants to walk all you can do is franchise and he isn't worth that
And filling the gap with a FA works but you have to find someone you want but also wants to be a Saint. Not every player wants to play here.

LT has a much higher posistional value than guard and you can't simply assume what Happened last year getting Grubbs will simply happen again.

No assumption, Loomis has to do it. That's what he is getting paid to do, whereas we are just discussing. He will have to get it done or a good replacement, no "ifs-ands-buts" about it. We may have to restructure contracts of 'dead people walking' on our team to vet minimums to do it, but he has to live up to his SR calling. Anyway, a lot of this is premature, because we haven't even seen a team give Clady an offer yet. He hasn't gotten anything better than what Denver offered last year.

But, by all means, continue to blow this up 'more than it need to be' right now.

At least one tithing you can say about Bushrodis he is handling this a lot better than Nicks did. Bushrod understands there has to be the space to make an offer before it can happen.

My question is how does this fellow really know what is being discussed.

I dont think we can allow our line to degrade any further than it already has.

And I really don't like letting a guy go and then needing to use the draft to replace that guy. We already have enough holes to fill.

Just pay the guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom