Bushrod on xm radio late hits (1 Viewer)

Jermon Bushrod was a 4th round pick with no starting experience b4 we traded jamaal brown and handed over the reins to him.

Charles Brown is the next man up. They will probably sign someone that will compete with im but i find it funny how easily everyone forgets the public uproar that came when they heard we were trading Brown.

blah blah no way we are letting bushrod start@ LT
Blah blah blah...bushrod is an unknown
blah blah blah...bushrod sucks
blah blah...wait..... we won a SB with the 4th rounder who sucks

now its
bla blah blah..whos going to replace Bushrod
blah blah blah...cant be charles brown

Yeah get over it...

Charles Brown is in his contract year... HE will be given a chance to prove himself.

Whether u guys like it or not..just like Bushrod was given a chance when we all swore it made no sense.
Chalres Brown has never been able to stay healthy. The FO would be foolish to rely on him as Bushrod's replacement. We either have to resign Bushrod, bring in a comparable or better OT in FA, or
spend a precious early-round draft pick on an OT, even though we have cavernous holes to fill on D.

This

I don't get the whole injury thing...him being injured had nothing to do with his performance. He did well as a swing tackle last year. If he wasn't capable they would have cut him by now.

Draft a guy in the 2nd that had possible 1st round talent

Develop him for a few years and then give him his shot if the chance presents himself

With bushrod going to the probowl(asking prices goes up) for the second time..he basically has played himself out of our pay range.

Good thing is because this team always has an eye on the future we have a 2nd round talent to replace a 4th round talent

For the love of god i can't figure out why people don't understand value.

These are the same people who have been screaming trade Ingram as if the Front Office would really consider that after using a 1st rounder on him.

@ Worst we end up signing an adequate Tackle in FA to compete with him and drafting a LT in the mid rounds to develop.

@ best we end up drafting a LT in the 1st round that comes in and competes with Brown who still has seniority and the upperhand because hes been in the system longer.

People refuse to agree but its logical and it fits what this organization has done the last few years...especially on the line. Draft a guy later in the rounds..groom him in the system for a few years and then let him compete for the starting gig.

Why waste resources signing a high profile FA when you already have a 2nd round Draft pick waiting in the wings?????

Can we put a 2nd round tender on him and hope to get that back?

While it would be nice to retain Bushrod, I do believe he can be replaced for a lot less than what he will want on the open market. He's good but not great who fits into a system and is good because of it.

I've been watching games and focusing on the line and although Bushrod is not an elite tackle he is very very good. You don't let good players walk if you can help it, we have no options if he walks, the backups behind him are worth far less value than him, in the draft we will not find a tackle at our spot comparable to him, and in free agency you will end up over spending which is what we are trying to avoid with Bushrod in the first place. Our only hope is that a great tackle drops in the draft. Lane Johnson appears to be the most reasonable target but if he and Charles Brown were in the same draft I'm not sure the value or draft grade would be that far apart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom