Bushrod on xm radio late hits (2 Viewers)

i will b shocked if jb stays. someone will overpay for an average ot.if a ot like fisher is there at 15 for us we take him.have to protect brees. we can get one in free agency. maybe draft one in the fourth round.

Jermon Bushrod was a 4th round pick with no starting experience b4 we traded jamaal brown and handed over the reins to him.

Charles Brown is the next man up. They will probably sign someone that will compete with im but i find it funny how easily everyone forgets the public uproar that came when they heard we were trading Brown.

blah blah no way we are letting bushrod start@ LT
Blah blah blah...bushrod is an unknown
blah blah blah...bushrod sucks
blah blah...wait..... we won a SB with the 4th rounder who sucks

now its
bla blah blah..whos going to replace Bushrod
blah blah blah...cant be charles brown

Yeah get over it...

Charles Brown is in his contract year... HE will be given a chance to prove himself.

Whether u guys like it or not..just like Bushrod was given a chance when we all swore it made no sense.

Charles Brown is in his contract year... HE will be given a chance to prove himself.

Whether u guys like it or not..just like Bushrod was given a chance when we all swore it made no sense.

Good point, I haven't seen that mentioned a lot. Also, Brown looked so much better during that stretch he was in this year, versus the Rams game where he came in cold off the bench. Maybe the Rams game was the exception, and the coaches feel pretty good about starting Brown, who'll be playing for his next contract this year.

Good point, I haven't seen that mentioned a lot. Also, Brown looked so much better during that stretch he was in this year, versus the Rams game where he came in cold off the bench. Maybe the Rams game was the exception, and the coaches feel pretty good about starting Brown, who'll be playing for his next contract this year.

This

I don't get the whole injury thing...him being injured had nothing to do with his performance. He did well as a swing tackle last year. If he wasn't capable they would have cut him by now.

Draft a guy in the 2nd that had possible 1st round talent

Develop him for a few years and then give him his shot if the chance presents himself

With bushrod going to the probowl(asking prices goes up) for the second time..he basically has played himself out of our pay range.

Good thing is because this team always has an eye on the future we have a 2nd round talent to replace a 4th round talent

For the love of god i can't figure out why people don't understand value.

These are the same people who have been screaming trade Ingram as if the Front Office would really consider that after using a 1st rounder on him.

@ Worst we end up signing an adequate Tackle in FA to compete with him and drafting a LT in the mid rounds to develop.

@ best we end up drafting a LT in the 1st round that comes in and competes with Brown who still has seniority and the upperhand because hes been in the system longer.

People refuse to agree but its logical and it fits what this organization has done the last few years...especially on the line. Draft a guy later in the rounds..groom him in the system for a few years and then let him compete for the starting gig.

Why waste resources signing a high profile FA when you already have a 2nd round Draft pick waiting in the wings?????

Bushrod will be back....we just starting signig second tier guys (Higgins and Bush) I'm sure one free agency starts then the big money will be dealt and the big names will be released (Vilma and Smith).

There are a LOT of OT's coming into FA this season. I don't think his pricetag is going to be outrageous. I think the Saints will look at all the FA LT's and rank them. They'll offer what they think is fair. If Bushrod walks, they'll pony up for the next one in FA.

I hope we do draft an OT this year. Brown and Streif are too injury prone. Let them be backups and let's get a guy in here who can start at RT and then maybe make the move over to LT. I know they are two different positions, but our depth is filled with guys who can't make it an entire season...no buenos!

There are a LOT of OT's coming into FA this season. I don't think his pricetag is going to be outrageous. I think the Saints will look at all the FA LT's and rank them. They'll offer what they think is fair. If Bushrod walks, they'll pony up for the next one in FA.

I hope we do draft an OT this year. Brown and Streif are too injury prone. Let them be backups and let's get a guy in here who can start at RT and then maybe make the move over to LT. I know they are two different positions, but our depth is filled with guys who can't make it an entire season...no buenos!

Good Post! :9:

I hope we re sign Bushrod, and then focus on D with our top 2-3 picks.

In 2011, Zack missed 5 games. In '12 he missed 4. IIRC, Charles Brown replaced him, only to end up on IR. So yes, Id still like to see us take an OT at 4-5. In fact,in my "deam mock" back in December, I had us takin Jake Mathews from A&M in the 1st rd. Even if we were to re sign Bushrod, and with our needs on D, I thought he was tooo good to pass up on!

I dont know too much about mid rd OTs, but IF he's available in the 4-5th, Id take a good look at Chris Faulk from LSU. He went out on IR early this past season, and while many thought he should stay, he declared. But he was a very good LT for the Tigers, and if healthy, at 6'6 and 325lbs, he would be able to come in and compete at RT. He's a load, and can move and block well, esp in the run game. He was decent to good in pass pro, but his QBs werent that good either.

Just a thought, only cause Ive seen him play more than others.

We'll see.

This

I don't get the whole injury thing...him being injured had nothing to do with his performance. He did well as a swing tackle last year. If he wasn't capable they would have cut him by now.

Draft a guy in the 2nd that had possible 1st round talent

Develop him for a few years and then give him his shot if the chance presents himself

With bushrod going to the probowl(asking prices goes up) for the second time..he basically has played himself out of our pay range.

Good thing is because this team always has an eye on the future we have a 2nd round talent to replace a 4th round talent

For the love of god i can't figure out why people don't understand value.

These are the same people who have been screaming trade Ingram as if the Front Office would really consider that after using a 1st rounder on him.

@ Worst we end up signing an adequate Tackle in FA to compete with him and drafting a LT in the mid rounds to develop.

@ best we end up drafting a LT in the 1st round that comes in and competes with Brown who still has seniority and the upperhand because hes been in the system longer.

People refuse to agree but its logical and it fits what this organization has done the last few years...especially on the line. Draft a guy later in the rounds..groom him in the system for a few years and then let him compete for the starting gig.

Why waste resources signing a high profile FA when you already have a 2nd round Draft pick waiting in the wings?????

As much as we all love SP and Mickey, THIS is what has many Saints fans upset: WHY dont we do well with our top picks??? Charles Brown was a 2nd rd pick. Now tell me WHY shouldnt we expect more out of a player who in 3 years, cant win either starting tackle spot, has only started 8 games, and has gone out on IR in each of his first 3 years???

LATER rds? How about the "SOONER" rds? THATS where Charles Brown was drafted!

Bushrod's situation is very similar to when Will Smith was due to become a free agent.

In the case of Will Smith we overpayed to keep a guy because he was pretty good and we did not have a replacement. Bushrod is a similar case and I hope we do not make the same mistake. We have been a bit too loyal to certain players. There are a lot of LTs available. If we are going to pay high end LT money, we can upgrade the position.

I have probelm with Charles Brown given the shot ot replace him but have major qualms about relying on an injury prone guy for LT....

Bushrod in for J. Brown was different b/c he stayed healthy every year here. Brown hasn't been healthy for 1/2 a season here.

We need to draft a guy or resign bush rod.....can't take a risk with Brees, just can't do it.

Bushrod's situation is very similar to when Will Smith was due to become a free agent.

In the case of Will Smith we overpayed to keep a guy because he was pretty good and we did not have a replacement. Bushrod is a similar case and I hope we do not make the same mistake. We have been a bit too loyal to certain players. There are a lot of LTs available. If we are going to pay high end LT money, we can upgrade the position.

WalterFootball has Bushrod as the #13 FA OT. Here's what he said:

saintsb_logo.gif
Jermon Bushrod, OT, Saints. Age: 29.
star.gif
star.gif

Jermon Bushrod run blocks well, but he can't pass protect at all. He surrendered four sacks in 2012, but that number would've been much higher if Drew Brees didn't release the ball so quickly.

A few teams may give Bushrod an offer, but like Walter, IMO, many will see his play as a function of playing with Drew in the Saints O....."a system player"....and back off.

Maybe like Robert Meachem was here???

We'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom