Bushrod out (1 Viewer)

- Receiver Lance Moore returned to practice on a limited basis with his lingering hamstring injury. It's possible he could make his return this week against the New York Jets.

:17:

That is rough but we will be big this weekend, I see us running quite a bit to the left to keep the end honest.

Aww crap...

I guess the new question is who do we bring in to add depth to our tackle position, only 2 active OT's on game day is a no no. And I don't know if the coaching staff really wants to slide Nicks over.

Get Well Jermon!

Depth baby. I have full confidence in Zach stepping in. Rotation for a breather is the only concern I have.

This could hurt the running game some. I know Payton was using Strief as a 3rd TE on quite a few running plays.

Strief isn't as good as Bushrod and Brown are, but he's not terrible. We should be OK. My biggest fear is if Strief gets hurt...

THAT scares me crazy.

:scared:

Who's the back-up on Sunday? Other than Nicks can't think of who else could play tackle?

It is what it is and good teams usually have someone that can step in and step up. So far we've had both.

How fortunate are you to have two guys like Jermon Bushrod and Zach Strief who have some experience and can fill in for him? “Those guys have been here and we’ve worked with them and developed them. Both of them have played now in important games and I think that both of them will be ready this week. Both of them played last week in Buffalo, so they both have experience.”
Conflicting reports. Payton said he expects him to play Sunday. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

i figured something was wrong when i didn't see him come back in the game. man i really hate to find out stuff like this when its close to game time. although we can't control injuries but DAMN!!!! if a man is hurt, tell everyone he's hurt.

It may have been mentioned in other threads, but I seem to recall Nesbit playing LT respectably in his career before. Perhaps, they see him filling in in a pinch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom