bushrod (1 Viewer)

saints4all

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
wow watching the replay of the saints game i just realized on 3 of drews tds bushrod was badly beaten. if not for brees uncanny ability to feel the rush he would of been crushed.

I heard a Bushrod interview where he stated there were about 10 plays he wished he could have back but would be working very hard in practice this week to correct the mistakes he made in week 1. I've watched the game 4 times now and feel fortunate to have him backing up Jammal Brown.

well i sure hope he settles into this starting role because he has some ability but i hope his "LEARNING CURVE" doesnt get our star QB hurt. might be a leodis mckelvin episode all over again.

wow watching the replay of the saints game i just realized on 3 of drews tds bushrod was badly beaten. if not for brees uncanny ability to feel the rush he would of been crushed.

Amazingly, LOL, I actually asked the board about this matter several days ago.

The consensus seems to believe that this is not a news flash. Bushrod had a lot of trouble over there on the left.

The coaches know it, they know the Eagle D is a serious problem, and the will likely have a plan in place to keep Drew from getting killed.

Faith.

ddd

I heard a Bushrod interview where he stated there were about 10 plays he wished he could have back but would be working very hard in practice this week to correct the mistakes he made in week 1. I've watched the game 4 times now and feel fortunate to have him backing up Jammal Brown.

i agree he has done really well and i actually see him as better than some starting tackles in the league. but i just hope he can become a bit more consistent. good news is is that he did realize that he needs to work harder to get better. I HAVE FAITH

needless to say i cant wait to get J.Brown back

I heard we were demoting Brown to backup LT and trading him for a second round draft pick three magic beans and a pack of Marlboro reds at the end of the season:covermyeyes:

Just think about what Abraham is thinking right now, he gets the best of Jammal. I'm worried about that match up and that's like 4 weeks from now.

Amazingly, LOL, I actually asked the board about this matter several days ago.

The consensus seems to believe that this is not a news flash. Bushrod had a lot of trouble over there on the left.

The coaches know it, they know the Eagle D is a serious problem, and the will likely have a plan in place to keep Drew from getting killed.

Faith.

ddd

But it should be a cause for concern. i know drew is one of the best at avoiding to rush. but a game like the eagles can seriously hinder what we're trying to do on offense. not to mention drew taking un-neccasary hits

But it should be a cause for concern. i know drew is one of the best at avoiding to rush. but a game like the eagles can seriously hinder what we're trying to do on offense. not to mention drew taking un-neccasary hits

I think what you're saying is vastly overstated.

Brown gets beat to the edge fairly often. The difference is that he doesn't have the foot speed to recover, or to simply carry his man around the quarterback.

Bushrod got beaten to the edge but was able to keep his hands on his man most of the time...when Brees stepped up, he had time to throw and Bushrods man didn't get back into the play.

Man, I saw the same thing on nfl playbook. They were speaking about Brees' pocket presence and each time it was Bushrod who got beat bad by his man..thank God Drew has some mobility!

Also

They complimented Bush and Bell saying they did a great job of pass protection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom