Bush's diminished role is all apart of a TEAM approach (1 Viewer)

It might be safe to say that his role is anything but diminished. We have a fleet of great offensive players where as before ...Meachem apparently wasn;t getting the playbook, Colston was injured, Devery...well he does what he does, Deuce was hurt, PT was 3rd string instead of player X, just too many other things were going on imo to say his role is diminished. I agree though it is all about the team and everyone on this roster is thinking along those lines.

I think the Chargers are a very talented team with no chemistry, it doesn;t work. Reggie is doing exactly what he needs to do.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/new_orleans_saints_reggie_bush_1.html

As Bush spoke, he stood in front of his locker, which displayed a placard listing the "Saints Core Beliefs." It reads, in part:

"People come and go, players come and go, coaches come and go, but the Saints' core beliefs will always remains the same, believing in ourselves and the unselfish act of putting TEAM before self."

Every company has a quality mission or core beliefs statements. Reggie has this placard by his locker, which is now my sig. As long as everyone thinks like this, we are fine.

And remember, no player, superstar or not, perceived diminished role or not, complains when the team is undefeated.

The old saying is true, everythings all good when your winning.

Let's not forget that he had a good mentor in Deuuuuuuuuce that I'm sure has been a good influence on his team approach.

The biggest contribution made by Deuce to this team was when he packed his locker. I remember people saying that we should keep Deuce and cut Bell. Oh, the football gurus.

The talent at the offensive skill positions is unheralded. Reggie's role hasn't been diminished so much as it has been redefined. With so many weapons, it is difficult to "feature" a player in the traditional sense. He is simply one of a myriad of weapons. Fact is, the greatest runner this league has ever seen, Barry Sanders, put up gaudy numbers every year in a feature role, but the one glaring omission from his staggering resume was a Super Bowl ring.

If Reggie was on a bad team with poor personnel, he'd likely be posting great, but meaningless stats. I don't care what the pundits say about his contributions to the team at this point. He is a threat to be taken seriously every time he takes the field, and is one of 53 great reasons why this team 6-0.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom