Bush's INT (1 Viewer)

The play isn't even called if we don't get two penalties back to back that put us in a first and long situation. Without those penalties, it is first and goal at the 9 and we either run it with Deuce or throw a short pass to Colston to see if he can power his way in there.

Penalties killed us this game. They put us in situations where bad things could happen...and they did.

Simply if Bush would have tossed to the flag our percentages for a completion would have been better.

I don't know if it was a stupid call. How would payton know that the receiver would be double covered. Even with the double coverage had Reggie thrown it to the players left it could have been a touchdown.

You can't be serious huh? That was a horrible call. They march down the field and look like they can put it in the endzone and he calls that play. I think coaching was a big problem today, penalties, dumb mistakes and some poor calls.

There were two guys on his right him, throw to the left of receiver and you possibly have a touchdown. Just because a receiver is double covered doesn't mean you can't find a way to get him the ball. He had open field around him.

Bush is and never was a QB, why should he be expected to make percise passes. Payton knows what to expect from a RB pass and he shouldn't have made that call.

while I do think it was a bad call, hindsight is 20-20 so jumping all over the coach for that one is a bit much.

while I do think it was a bad call, hindsight is 20-20 so jumping all over the coach for that one is a bit much.

Well it's one of those deals where if Reggie had completed it everyone would have been just orgasmic about it on this board.

I thought it was a bad call either way (whether we make it or not) because, as down as we were, it was needlessly risky. What we needed was points of any sort to settle the game down. BUT, I don't get paid jack-squat for my opinions so what do I know

I was dissappointed with the play calling all game. I have been a huge supporter of Payton to game plan, design and call plays to use our strengths and exploit weaknesses. I didn't see any of that today. I saw vanilla on both sides of the ball with the exception of this gimmick play. Bad calls by the refs happen every game. If we had a winning game plan and executed it we would win regardless of the refs.
Report Card:
Game Plan: F
Execution: F
Refs: C-

Like LSSPAM, I don't get paid for these opinions either. (There is probably a reaon too.)

By the way, saw the INT again. Colston wasn't double covered (Lewis trailed by like 5 yards), just like I thought. Just like I thought he had position. Just like I thought it sailed and Lewis was able to catch up to the play.

if the ball hadn't floated on him, it would be our 6points...
just put too much air under it, and was a great pass coming from a RB, not a QB.
It was a gutsy call, and had it worked, we would have had the momentum.

It was a silly call. I really question some of coach's calls in this one.

- The half-back option, obviously.

- We've got the ball mid-field following the fumble and on 3rd and long, he calls a handoff to Bush? He admits in the postgame he was playing for field position...on our 1st possession? At mid-field? 0-0?

- Our 1st possession in the 2nd half down 28-7, we had 4th and 1 at our 34. I thought we should've gone for it there. I realize the circumstances and punting was the smart play, but the way the game was going I thought we should've pulled out the stops early. Hindsights 20-20, but they ended up driving to our 37 anyway, pinning us on the 1 with a great punt, and got the INT TD return.

It was 95% on him (I mean it is allowable to throw the ball away)...but Colston was just kind of standing there until the ball was in the air.
It looked as if Reggie overthrew Colston...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom