Bush's LAWYER's body guard flashes gun at accuser (1 Viewer)

SaintMatt

Very Banned
Reaction score
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A lawyer for a sports marketer who is suing football star Reggie Bush said he and his client walked out of a deposition Tuesday after a bodyguard for Bush's attorney opened his jacket to expose a pistol.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/02/12/bush.case.ap/index.html

In another bizarre turn in the lawsuit brought against former USC star Reggie Bush, the deposition of New Era Sports co-founder Lloyd Lake came to an unexpected halt Tuesday after a man sitting in on the proceedings revealed he was carrying a handgun.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-lakedepo021208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now that is the type of legal team I could use. do they bribe jurors too?

LoL I read those articles earlier. Seems like this bush stuff is getting a little out of hand.

LMAO!!!.. This Lake Dude is pulling out all his bag of tricks this time around, it's going on 3 years and nothing, NOTHING, has come out but what he claim went on, he has nothing and is just prolonging a case that seems never ending because he claim he has evidence, bush is merely trying to tell him to put up or shut up, the judge need to settle this once and for all and stop allowing this to go on, all this Lake dude is going to do is keep leaking hurtful information to the press to smear Bushes name and cause him to lose all of his endorsements and lose focus on his game so he can lose his big contract.

He wont be satisfied until Bush is ruined like he got ruined...
It's ridiculous that the judge is letting this dude sell his stories and do paid interviews with places like yahoo that want Bushes behind as much has he does, There needs to be a gag order and a closing to this case now.

LMAO!!!.. This Lake Dude is pulling out all his bag of tricks this time around, it's going on 3 years and nothing, NOTHING, has come out but what he claim went on, he has nothing and is just prolonging a case that seems never ending because he claim he has evidence, bush is merely trying to tell him to put up or shut up, the judge need to settle this once and for all and stop allowing this to go on, all this Lake dude is going to do is keep leaking hurtful information to the press to smear Bushes name and cause him to lose all of his endorsements and lose focus on his game so he can lose his big contract.

He wont be satisfied until Bush is ruined like he got ruined...
It's ridiculous that the judge is letting this dude sell his stories and do paid interviews with places like yahoo that want Bushes behind as much has he does, There needs to be a gag order and a closing to this case now.

Is this your opinion or is there any information backing up the idea that Lake is full of it?

And please don't think my question was me being a smart ***, because honestly, I haven't followed this case very much, so I am not in the know as you might very well be.

Good for Reggie. My bodyguard would be packing too...

Yahoo's take seems a little biased...
Lake was prepared to testify under oath about the $291,000 in alleged extra benefits his failed sports agency gave to Bush and his family. But that testimony was scuttled after Lake and his attorney, Brian Watkins, say they discovered Bush's attorneys had brought an armed observer to the proceedings. Watkins and Lake said Bush's attorneys – David Cornwell and Kevin Leichter – refused to reveal why the man was present. Lake's attorneys said they interpreted his presence as an attempt to intimidate their client.

SI's take?
A lawyer for a sports marketer who is suing football star Reggie Bush said he and his client walked out of a deposition Tuesday after a bodyguard for Bush's attorney opened his jacket to expose a pistol.
"He made sure we saw it," said attorney Brian Watkins, who represents sports marketer Lloyd Lake.
<!--startclickprintexclude-->Watkins said Bush attorney David Cornwell told him the bodyguard had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. The bodyguard identified himself only by his first name and did not present a business card, Watkins said.

Celebrities have armed body guards....its not unusual.

This guy is just trying to come up with any excuse to keep this story going before he has to testify and reveal he has no evidence against Bush personally.

The dude was probably trying to sit down and flipped out his suit coat so he wouldn't sit on it.. Someone saw the pistol and freaked..

Remember that Lake is an ex-con with a colorful background. Let's not play the guy up to be the big time investor who should be carrying around $300k and is a choir boy.

The dude was probably trying to sit down and flipped out his suit coat so he wouldn't sit on it.. Someone saw the pistol and freaked..

yeah, you're prob right. that guy Lake is a tool

please... this story reeks of desperation on the part of Lake & New Era

So this former gang member was intimidated by the presence of a security guard who may have had a pistol. I'm convinced. Lake was intimidated? I am sure that he thought that Bush's team would start shooting all over the place in a formal deposition. Ok.

If the reports that Lake threatened Bush in December are true, it would be a no-brainer for Bush to have security in Lake's presence.

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A lawyer for a sports marketer who is suing football star Reggie Bush said he and his client walked out of a deposition Tuesday after a bodyguard for Bush's attorney opened his jacket to expose a pistol.

Now I am sure the guy was not there to protect Bush's lawyer, but that is what the article said, so unless there was a misprint I really do not think the emphasis should be on Bush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom