Butler (1 Viewer)

What would Butler will bring to the table? I am not dissing the guy, I am just asking, since there isn't much film to analyze.

I think he fits exactly the same profile as Gallette, around the same age, would play the same position and probably will command the same salary, or more.

Maybe we are not looking at him exactily because he is Gallete v.2.0. We surely need depth, but maybe not clones...

What would Butler will bring to the table? I am not dissing the guy, I am just asking, since there isn't much film to analyze.

I think he fits exactly the same profile as Gallette, around the same age, would play the same position and probably will command the same salary, or more.

Maybe we are not looking at him exactily because he is Gallete v.2.0. We surely need depth, but maybe not clones...

He played mainly SOLB with the Cowboys so he doesn't play the same position as Galette. He'd play the same position as Kruger, who we thankfully missed out on, and presumably Wilson, who seems like we are not completely sold on.

Thanks Jack. We have wrote a lot about a guy we have barely seen.

So if signed he will be fighting for a position with Martez.

About the OLB's, I understand the priority will be to bring a stud pass rusher, but a guy that is growing on me is Alec Ogletree, besides pass rushing, I think he can be the answer to the horrible runs off-tackle, and also against the option. He could be the surprise for us.

About the OLB's, I understand the priority will be to bring a stud pass rusher, but a guy that is growing on me is Alec Ogletree, besides pass rushing, I think he can be the answer to the horrible runs off-tackle, and also against the option. He could be the surprise for us.

Like you said don't need another Gallete which he reminds me of. I'm perfectly fine with what we got but would love more. Would Love Mingo if not I feel we have to somehow get a LT in the 1st. Lane Johnson could anchor our LT and maybe be the best at it for 15 years.

He played mainly SOLB with the Cowboys so he doesn't play the same position as Galette. He'd play the same position as Kruger, who we thankfully missed out on, and presumably Wilson, who seems like we are not completely sold on.

And in his interview today, SP acknowledged we're "thin" at OLB.

But its also clear they REALLY like Nnamdi. He's their TOP priority right now. As much as we need one, Butler, or any other FA OLB, is on the back burner right now.

If it weren't for the DUI issue, Ogletree would be the best player for the Saints in their current situation IMO. If his abuse problems can be put behind him, there's no one if like on our team more from this draft class IMO. OL is the only position that comes close in terms of need IMO.

Butler-Vaughn Johnson
Tez-Pat Swilling
Lofton-Sam Mills
Vilma- Ricky Jakson

Hope we make a push for Butler...He is a QB sacker!!

Absolutely no freakin way Vilma can be compared to Ricky Jackson. He's no where near the neighborhood. Galette on the other hand :scratch:

I disagree. Butler is young and talented, and most importantly, has played the SOLB position, and played it in RRs scheme in Dallas. If we sign him, he will be the starting SOLB going into camp. Martez, and possibly our #1 draft pick will be fighting for a position as his backup.

As for Tree, I like him...alot. But we also need that passrusher....alot more. So no to Olgletree.

Olgretree would be our starting WILB or otherwise known as Mo or Jack backer....

As of now we would have to play hawthorne on runnig downs and find a cover guy for that spot which is why we were looking at Zavier Gooden...

ITs better to find a ILB who can be all 3 down player and Oglretree would excel at that role at a pro bowl caliber i think. We have to seriously consider him in a trade down.....

We could also drop salary with some cuts of overpriced hawthorne

yeah we need to find pass rushers and i've jones or mingo are there you have to take them but otherwise, a guy like olgretree would be here for a decade and be a beast like bowman or maybe even willis, not as good as hitting but better in coverage....

We have to look at this as a 2 year makeover...pick up some parts this year and some more next year....whether its the pass rushing olb or ilb now it has to be done.....the fs is the other priority....

If it weren't for the DUI issue, Ogletree would be the best player for the Saints in their current situation IMO. If his abuse problems can be put behind him, there's no one if like on our team more from this draft class IMO. OL is the only position that comes close in terms of need IMO.

These DUI issues are so lame, the system declares you legally drunk when in fact you are fully cabable of making rash decisions, and functioning normal. Its all about the money in fines and classes you have to take, not to mention the onslought of lawyers that have emerged

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom