Saints Buy or Sell: Jameis Winston (Good debate from CBS Sports) (1 Viewer)

Jameis Winston was the first pick in the draft. Aaron Brooks was drafted in the 4th round and traded to the Saints for a lollipop and a snickers.

Funny, but Saints spent a third rounder on him which isn't nothing.

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

Everyone is saying, "Coach P can teach Jameis to avoid the mistakes....He's not going to throw 30 interceptions....He's going to be more mature....He was in the wrong system....etc"

Why is it that Jameis can be fixed, but Taysom can't?

Taysom has only started 4 games in the NFL. Prior to that, his last start was 5 years ago, in 2016, at BYU.

Here's some cool stats for Taysom's first 4 games:
82 for 114 pass attempts. 72%
834 yards passing.
209 yards rushing.
3 wins/1 loss
Extrapolate that to 16 games: 3336 yards passing/834 yards rushing. 12-4 record.

First 4 games of Josh Allen's career: (he also had a full preseason. Taysom didn't)
55/103 pass attempts. 53%
666 yards passing
117 rushing.
1 win/ 3 losses
Season stats: 2074 yards passing, 631 yards rushing, 53% completions.

Taysom has the "IT" factor. I'm not sure if Jameis does.

Because Taysom is 31, has already had the benefit of a few years of SP’s coaching and still wasn’t very good when he finally played?

I wonder what they have in common for this comparison... Oh... No... What is you doing...
The only things they have in common are both are QB’s and both played for the Saints. If you think I meant anything else then you’d be wrong. Yes I know they are both African Americans but that has no meaning to me because I look at them as football players and nothing else. If you ever played football you’d know the color of your teammates skin doesn’t matter they are all your brothers.

Aaron Brooks is underrated by many Saints fans. He had a canon for an arm, he was athletic, and he led the Saints to their 1st ever playoff victory.
I was at that game sitting right in front of where Hakim dropped the ball. For me the coolest thing about that game was my oldest son took some of his Christmas money and bought us tickets.

Not really. I think Brooks was a much better QB than Winston. If you disagree that’s cool. We are all entitled to have our on opinion.

I think both of these things can be true:

1. Aaron Brooks played better in NO and won more important games than Jameis has to this point in his NFL career.

2. Jameis has a much higher ceiling and could far exceed what Brooks did in NO thanks to better coaching and a better roster than Brooks ever had.

Aaron Brooks is underrated by many Saints fans. He had a canon for an arm, he was athletic, and he led the Saints to their 1st ever playoff victory.

Aaron Brooks was mediocre and that is a stretch. He relieved Blake and looked ok when he hit that long pass against the Raiders. Other than that, he never hit 60%, had almost as many int as td, and had a career passed rating below the Mendoza line. A forgetful 6 years of losing. Even in his playoff run Blake did the heavy lifting. Brooks was 3-3, Blake 7-4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom