Buy or Sell: Marshon Lattimore is the best shutdown corner in the league not named Stephon Gilmore (1 Viewer)

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
Thing is... even if Latt levels off, and plays like he did last season all this season, he’s still a top 10-ish #1 CB, and those guys are rare. He’s worth keeping unless he just completely falls off.

Reaction score
Definitely keep. Let’s be honest, there have been quite a few secondary players for us who looked average here go on and have very good or even elite seasons elsewhere. And we’ve brought in former pro bowlers and super bowl roster players that stunk it up in our secondary. Point is, Lattimore has been very good for us, a team that has historically struggled to field a competent secondary. I would be sickened if he went to a rival, or anywhere and thrived while we return to the struggles we’ve dealt with over the years. A #1, lockdown at times corner isn’t someone you want to let go, especially when you have historically struggled at the position.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sell. When it comes to resigning. I personally let him walk than pay him at this moment especially if it comes down to Ram, Kamara, and Latt. Latt is the odd man out for me personally.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He plays his best game against the best competition and lets less-than-elite receivers beat him. He could be more consistent, but he’s definitely top 5
I agree with this. It means there is still room for improvement but in todays league you are facing an elite WR almost every week and if you have a guy who can handle that, then you keep him at almost any cost.

jbourque

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Top 5 with potential to be Top 10 or Top 3. Hard to pigeonhole because you're just not sure which Lattimore will show up. You have to keep him without question. Our defense changed drastically when he arrived.

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We are going to learn a lot about Lattimore week one against the Bucs I hope he has taken care of himself and comes to 'camp' in great shape and motivated as he won't have much time this year to work his way into shape going into week one! In my view the jury is still out on him being a top 2 or 3 CB due solely to work ethic.

dutar76

4th Year Vet
Reaction score
Sell. When it comes to resigning. I personally let him walk than pay him at this moment especially if it comes down to Ram, Kamara, and Latt. Latt is the odd man out for me personally.
AK would be the odd man out for me if we had to chose one to cut. That just comes down to positional value. As good as AK is (or can be) in our offense, we could replace him... even if it took 2 or even 3 backs to do it. A top CB and a top OT are extremely hard to come by and teams just don't let those guys walk.

And to further my case... Every team that has paid a RB a premium contract has had buyers remorse. CMC is next in line over in Carolina. I believe they'll get their money's worth for another year or two, then they'll have wished they didn't dedicate all that cap space to him. (hopefully that won't happen as I don't wish ill on any player, especially injury or wear and tear). But the RB position is brutal, especially when you get the # of touches McCaffery is getting.

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Reaction score
Like it or not, the Defense flows through Lattimore. It might look bad, like the playoff game vs. Minnesota, but it works, and the instant he came off the field was when they scored their OT TD. (though to be fair, P-Rob had decent coverage, but since it was P-Rob and not Lattimore, they felt free to challenge P-Rob downfield).

So he's the Defensive MVP in my opinion - he's only one player, but he affects the entire Defense - we're completely different without him. Hopefully, he'll be mentally ready next time to pitch a shutout in the big game like we have come to expect. The meltdown was disappointing, but I'd still pick him #1 among all CB - As a Saints fan, I've never seen anything like him before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom