Buy or Sell: Marshon Lattimore is the best shutdown corner in the league not named Stephon Gilmore (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Marshon has a strong case for that label, in my opinion.

He’s up there.

I also think we could see him shine this year with Jenkins on the other side all season. I don’t see us playing nearly as much zone, where Lattimore isn’t quite as strong.

He came in and lit it up too fast. He himself admitted he drank the Kool Aid after his rookie year and the work ethic that off season and training camp was very relaxed and overconfident. Week 1 Mike Evans absuses him like a red headed step child and the wake up process began. I think he has learned you can never relax in this league, he has had ups and downs and lacking consistency is his biggest flaws if you are going to find any. Having said that, yeah he is easily still top 5 in CB's around the league. It's just a matter of how good Marshon wants to be, his ceiling is still way higher than he has achieved

He takes too many games to get going. He needs to work harder in the off-season.

The "best" at anything is very subjective. Saying "one of the best" is more accurate, because he is. Now if he can continue that for a half a decade or more, that would be extremely valuable to our team.

Now that we have a solid CB opposite of him, I think he'll be thrown on more this year. That could work for him or against him. More balls mean more opportunities to mess up and more stats against you. It also gives you more opportunities to make pass break ups and INT's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom