Buy or Sell: Marshon Lattimore is the best shutdown corner in the league not named Stephon Gilmore (1 Viewer)

Sell

Lattimore is barely a top 20 corner in the league right now, and I think he should go ahead and just sign a 5/50 deal right now, because thats the best he will get.;);)

Seriously though, when focused Lattimore is the top CB in the league, he doesn't "get up" for every game though, so thats pushes him to top 10, fringe top 5

Thing is... even if Latt levels off, and plays like he did last season all this season, he’s still a top 10-ish #1 CB, and those guys are rare. He’s worth keeping unless he just completely falls off.

Definitely keep. Let’s be honest, there have been quite a few secondary players for us who looked average here go on and have very good or even elite seasons elsewhere. And we’ve brought in former pro bowlers and super bowl roster players that stunk it up in our secondary. Point is, Lattimore has been very good for us, a team that has historically struggled to field a competent secondary. I would be sickened if he went to a rival, or anywhere and thrived while we return to the struggles we’ve dealt with over the years. A #1, lockdown at times corner isn’t someone you want to let go, especially when you have historically struggled at the position.

Sell. Hes one of the better ones for sure but he got whooped by Thielen

Sell. When it comes to resigning. I personally let him walk than pay him at this moment especially if it comes down to Ram, Kamara, and Latt. Latt is the odd man out for me personally.

He plays his best game against the best competition and lets less-than-elite receivers beat him. He could be more consistent, but he’s definitely top 5

I agree with this. It means there is still room for improvement but in todays league you are facing an elite WR almost every week and if you have a guy who can handle that, then you keep him at almost any cost.

I definitely want him to stay in NOLA, but the question is he the second best CB in the league?

For all those who say sell, let me throw out just a few names as a reminder.
Corey White, Champ Bailey, Brandon Browner. I know there are more, but those really stick out. These were guys who we were trying to make work as #2 corners! I personally don't want to return to those days.

Top 5 with potential to be Top 10 or Top 3. Hard to pigeonhole because you're just not sure which Lattimore will show up. You have to keep him without question. Our defense changed drastically when he arrived.

We are going to learn a lot about Lattimore week one against the Bucs I hope he has taken care of himself and comes to 'camp' in great shape and motivated as he won't have much time this year to work his way into shape going into week one! In my view the jury is still out on him being a top 2 or 3 CB due solely to work ethic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom