Buying a computer from Ebay (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Has anyone done this and what were the results -- I am looking at one of the large dealers that have large selections of refurbished computers.

Has anyone done this and what were the results -- I am looking at one of the large dealers that have large selections of refurbished computers.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but if your wary of going through ebay for refurbished, I'm sure that you could find a nice system through other means that satisfy what you're looking for.

Maybe a link to the ebay page you're considering? So that people might know:

a. the general state of the computer you're looking for
b. the budget you're working with
c. the dealer in question

The quality of help and responses you get is directly proportional to the amount of information you give us to work with.

Honestly, I haven't seen computers on ebay or even craigslist that were enough of a deal to bother. Not when Walmart has new Compaq notebooks under $300 and Newegg.com has barebones systems for around $150.

I bought a Dell off of ebay in '09 and it's been a darn good computer. It's purely my play computer, but it's been great for me.

Got my wife a Dell Latitude D610, intel Centrino 1600Mhz, 1GB, 40gb, 14" TFT Screen, CDRW/DVD, 56K Modem, 10/100 Network, Wireless from the following site for $250-

http://www.laptopcloseout.com/usa/enter.html

Very good service and quick delivery. Bought it about two months ago and it was refurbished. It was something for her to mainly browse the internet.

I've bought a couple of desktops and laptops on eBay and have been more than satisfied.

You just need to watch the feedback rating of the seller. If they have a lot of negatives, especially within the last six months, I'd advise staying away from them.

If you go with Ebay, always use PayPal. If you have any issues they will handle it and make sure you are satisfied.

Not exactly true. I had an issue with a vendor and you basically have to file a complaint. The vendor has to agree that the goods were not what you asked for. It can take weeks. Took six weeks for me to get a refund and it was a royal pain in the rear. Want to be safe? Use AMEX. No questions asked, you get a refund.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom