Buying a fried turkey? (1 Viewer)

KYSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I've heard to many horror stories about people catcing their house on fire doing this themselves so I come to the pros on this board.

I've read where you can buy a fried turkey and have it shipped (flash frozen) where you just thaw, heat and eat.

Has anyone done this and if so, did you like the results?

It's a lot of money and no one in my family outside of myself has ever had the pleasure of having it.

I also considered a turducken and wouldn't find opinions on which to get.

Thanks

ummmm...if you are of moderate intelligence, you should not burn your house down frying a turkey mainly because you wouldn't anywhere near that actual structure when doing it....i have fried many a turkeys in the last few years...never even came close to burning anything

Before you have one shipped you might want to check some of the local eateries and grocery stores. I know of several places that do them here locally and all you have to do is preorder one and go pick it up the day before Thanksgiving or the morning of. This would save you the shipping costs and it wouldn't be frozen.

Yep...what bclemms said....before i learned to fry them, i would buy them at winn dixie....definately look into that if you don't wanna do it yourself

I doubt he can find a fried turkey in Kentucky. I could in Bastrop, but not here in North Carolina. I can, however, get turducken at the Harris Teeter supermarket here. Go figure.

I, too, was thinking about ordering a fried turkey online. I'm just wondering if it would dry out when you heat it.

Jan

do you know anybody who works in a restaraunt?? if so, you could see about using their deep frier...we used to do that when i worked at come back inn.....after work, sit around, drink beer and fry like 8 turkeys....good times

they sell electric turkey friers now. Check your local hardware store. Menard's has them.

No open flame and temperature control = much safer.

Do it outside for Gawd's sake! I don't know anyone that would boil crawfish inside their house!

Alright come clean, who has boiled crawfish inside their house.

ummmm...if you are of moderate intelligence, you should not burn your house down frying a turkey mainly because you wouldn't anywhere near that actual structure when doing it....i have fried many a turkeys in the last few years...never even came close to burning anything

Ok, I was half kidding. I just don't have the $150 for a fryer.

Do it outside for Gawd's sake! I don't know anyone that would boil crawfish inside their house!

Alright come clean, who has boiled crawfish inside their house.

Actually, the stories I heard was frying them on their deck (wooden) and catching it on fire and it spreading.

150 for a turkey fryer??? what?? i saw one at wally world for like 40 bucks

Linens & Things online store has one for $99.99

You type in the weight of the bird and the fryer automatically sets the timer for the right amount of time.

Step child lost the parts to my strainer basket so I am tempted to buy this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom