Buying a new car/truck. (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the info. What's the warranty period for the power train?
I believe it’s 5-60.. but you can buy an extended plan from Ford. I only recommend buying that from Ford.

The main issue for the EB 3.5 are cam phaser failures. I had the issue on my Raptor. It was fixed under warranty but I was without my truck for a week.

The 5.0 is BULLETPROOF.
It’s important to note that the V8 uses the same cam phasers as the V6. Also, Ford just started using cylinder deactivation on the V8. They didn’t make a big deal about it, likely because that feature is unpopular, but it’s there now.

It’s important to note that the V8 uses the same cam phasers as the V6. Also, Ford just started using cylinder deactivation on the V8. They didn’t make a big deal about it, likely because that feature is unpopular, but it’s there now.

I was not aware of that...

I had the 5.0 ’16 was solid until 60k miles, intake manifold went out but was covered under the power train warranty. After that all down hill, with cam issues that nobody could figure out because it was not throwing codes. I lived on F-150 forums until last week, consensus was that the 5.0 coyote engine was a piece of work.
That’s depressing. How long after 60k did you keep it?

I may be getting a Ford Spot Trac.

That’s depressing. How long after 60k did you keep it?

I may be getting a Ford Spot Trac.
94,500k, could no longer ignore at that point, as all the little fixes (sensor replacements, plugs, reflash the computer) would temporary buy more time, and now it was time for the big non guaranteed attempts (Coils,PCV, Camshaft, Timing, etc.). Ford was totally lost on what to do next but reading the various forums, it’s just throwing a dart and hoping you hit the correct target.

Didn't GM finally do away with cylinder deactivation?

Didn't GM finally do away with cylinder deactivation?
I'm not 100% positive, but I think they did away with it then brought it back. The concept has been around for a while. I believe Cadillac did it for a year or two back in the early 80s, but that was plagued with problems and discontinued.

Looks like GM did away with it on the 5.3 in their 1500s this year do to chip shortages. That would make it more a more desirable truck to me.

Looks like GM did away with it on the 5.3 in their 1500s this year do to chip shortages. That would make it more a more desirable truck to me.
this is correct. They also removed automatic start/stop and as many other features as they could to account for the chip shortage.

well I fixed my car myself to buy me some time. I changed out the radiator fan and all the relays. Still pushing to get the Sport Trac I mentioned though, my car is at an age that one problem will likely follow the others.

is there a sure way to know that I didn't get water in my oil pan for Ida? I read that the oil would look milky but I can't tell. Temparture gauge was fine but even when I just drive the car a couple of miles, it smells hot. Like that rubbery smell. I feel confident the temperature gauge is functioning because that is how I figured out my radiator fan wasn't working when I was stuck in traffic.

These days the prostitutes use their own cars and pick up Johns in the quarter. I could probably just get them to bring me home for less than Uber some nights. When I was coming in here at 6:00 am I lost count of the times one would pull up and ask me if I wanted a ride. Guess that was the tail end of their shift.

And no i do not pay to play.
you sound like some of my old customers who "lost their debit card" and "didn't recognize transactions". When we pulled up the ATM footage they are right there with the same ladies who do this to others. Robbing them drunk...

I feel like I lucked out with regards to buying a used vehicle. I wanted to trade in my prior car for a new (well new to me) one. I wanted something that I could finance at a good monthly note and that checked my boxes with regards to features/performance in my price range. $40k was my upper limit. I found 2 cars that I felt would give me what I wanted best, a Genesis G70 3.3T or a Ford Edge ST...

I looked around using the usual resources like CarMax, Carfax, etc, and I ended up finding a 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T at a dealership close to Biloxi, MS. It had just under 15k miles, and asking price was a smidge above $39k. Kelley BB fair price for this car is right around $41k and MRSP is around $45.6k...

I went there last month, got a pretty close offer to what Kelley BB had said my old car was worth for model/mileage (my car had some cosmetic damage on the outside), I got a pretty good financing rate from one of several lenders (4.2%) which kept the monthly note within what I had budgeted for buying a car, so I pulled the trigger and bought it...

This thing is a rocket lol, and as Doug DeMuro would say, it's got some pretty great quirks and features....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom