Buying a new car/truck. (1 Viewer)

I would pick up a bottle of SeaFoam, since its been sitting up and pour suggested amount into a full tank of gas and the suggested amount into the crankcase.

1639504560390.png
I don't know if I reported on this but I used a can of this in my fuel tank and I put a can in the oil and drove it for a few hundred miles before changing the oil. Think I am going to use another can on the fuel injectors soon.

I also finally got my Michelin Defenders put on. Learned not to order tires using a sites match to vehicle :covermyeyes:

May have to get under it and check all the sway bar joints because it still feels like it is sliding a bit in turns. Could be the lack of weight in the bed, dunno.

E89437E9-363C-4AA5-99DA-5E80EBA9C13E.jpeg

Aso threw a Bully Bar on it in case somebody is being an idiot behind me

95275DF5-E57C-4F66-8890-8D7550E8E76C.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know if I reported on this but I used a can of this in my fuel tank and I put a can in the oil and drove it for a few hundred miles before changing the oil. Think I am going to use another can on the fuel injectors soon.

I also finally got my Michelin Defenders put on. Learned not to order tires using a sites match to vehicle :covermyeyes:

May have to get under it and check all the sway bar joints because it still feels like it is sliding a bit in turns. Could be the lack of weight in the bed, dunno.

E89437E9-363C-4AA5-99DA-5E80EBA9C13E.jpeg

Aso through a Bully Bar on it in case somebody is being an idiot behind me

95275DF5-E57C-4F66-8890-8D7550E8E76C.jpeg
Seafoam also makes a Carb cleaner spray that has a long straw nozzle adapter, I tried it on my side x side hoping that was the issue but it was actually the ignition coil.

Bully Bar looks nice, I thought about getting one for both a step and added protection, I think I will pull the trigger now.

1645020573113.png

I'm weeks and weeks into tire shopping and still haven't settled on a tire yet for my truck. I have cooper sst on there now and it's been the loudest tires I've ever owned. I'm over the roar even though the tires still have a year or more left in them. I've read excellent reviews on the Yokohama geolander G003 as far as it being quiet but it's still a MT which is concerning. The other tire I'm thinking about is a nitto Terra grappler G2 since it's a trail tire. I've ran nitto drag radials on the car but never ran their truck tires. I know they're popular. I'd love to try venom because they're cheap but reviews are kind of all over the place. Not sure I want to risk getting another set of tires I hate.Screenshot_20220215-203626.pngScreenshot_20220215-204000.pngScreenshot_20220215-210640.pngScreenshot_20220216-093032.png

Bully Bar looks nice, I thought about getting one for both a step and added protection, I think I will pull the trigger now.
I love it. I have backup sensors but not cameras. They are not always perfect when I’m backing up to the ledge in front of my apartments. I’ve tapped it twice and it doesn’t even show any scratches.

I'm weeks and weeks into tire shopping and still haven't settled on a tire yet for my truck. I have cooper sst on there now and it's been the loudest tires I've ever owned. I'm over the roar even though the tires still have a year or more left in them. I've read excellent reviews on the Yokohama geolander G003 as far as it being quiet but it's still a MT which is concerning. The other tire I'm thinking about is a nitto Terra grappler G2 since it's a trail tire. I've ran nitto drag radials on the car but never ran their truck tires. I know they're popular. I'd love to try venom because they're cheap but reviews are kind of all over the place. Not sure I want to risk getting another set of tires I hate.Screenshot_20220215-203626.pngScreenshot_20220215-204000.pngScreenshot_20220215-210640.pngScreenshot_20220216-093032.png
I have these GoodYear Wranglers on my Tundra (stock) that are similiar to the ones you are debating, I thought they were loud but I was told for tires like that they arent. Pic below but they are dirty.

1645024746729.png

How often does it snow where you live? If it snows often, considering avoiding MTs unless you otherwise have a need for them. Even M+S rated snow tires can have issues in snow. They definitely have issues in the rain.

ATs that are 3peak&snowflake rated do a much better job in the snow. I personally prefer Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. They are outstanding in snow and better than most other ATs in the rain. A bonus is that they also ride really quiet. Falken also offers a warranty on their 35" and larger tires. Many large AT/MT manufacturers don't do that.

I'm kinda tired of waiting on electric trucks so I'm now leaning towards getting what I hope will be my last ICE based pickup. GM just gave a major interior update to their pickups and is about to release the Silverado ZR2. It's their top of the line off road truck that pretty much competes with the Tundra TRD Pro and Ford Tremor. However, unlike those two, the Silverado has a front diff locker, which will be extremely handy on the mountain trails I frequent.

I had to talk to almost a dozen Chevy dealers but I found one that will honor GM's Supplier pricing. That will let me get one a 1% below invoice. My order is in and now I just wait, and wait, and wait, and wait..

For anyone that's curious, you can look at it here: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2022-silverado

As a current owner for a Chevrolet Silverado, I wouldn't buy another... especially a first gen EV.

How often does it snow where you live? If it snows often, considering avoiding MTs unless you otherwise have a need for them. Even M+S rated snow tires can have issues in snow. They definitely have issues in the rain.

ATs that are 3peak&snowflake rated do a much better job in the snow. I personally prefer Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. They are outstanding in snow and better than most other ATs in the rain. A bonus is that they also ride really quiet. Falken also offers a warranty on their 35" and larger tires. Many large AT/MT manufacturers don't do that.
I've ran MT tires for about 30 years. I did run a set of Toyo At2 tires a few years ago. We get some snow here but not crazy and I've never had an issue with MT tires in it.
I finally got tired of messing with it and ordered the nitto Terra grapplers. I'm going to buy another set of wheels and put these cooper MT's on there to run during hunting season when the truck see's the most mud.

UGH! The world conspires to keep me from buying a truck. GM raises truck prices for the 2nd time in a month. Earlier there was a $1200 price increase on the truck I ordered. Yesterday another $1300. The “preliminary“ order hasn’t yet been accepted by GM due to constraints, so my price isn’t locked.

electric?

Impressive they are raising prices on trucks with the price of gas.

electric?

Impressive they are raising prices on trucks with the price of gas.
No, Gas and/or Diesel. I've had a Rivian electric truck on pre-order but it's not likely to be available until late 2023. So I put in an order for a Silverado ZR2. I found a dealer that will honor supplier pricing, which is about $5k off sticker. Buuuuut, GM has a parts constraint that is keeping my order from being accepted. At this point I'm probably going to give up on getting a truck this year.

No, Gas and/or Diesel. I've had a Rivian electric truck on pre-order but it's not likely to be available until late 2023. So I put in an order for a Silverado ZR2. I found a dealer that will honor supplier pricing, which is about $5k off sticker. Buuuuut, GM has a parts constraint that is keeping my order from being accepted. At this point I'm probably going to give up on getting a truck this year.
I wonder if that's why they were willing to punish dealerships for price gouging... it was going to affect their price increases.

This is what my vehicles look like right now.
2006 Z-71 150k. I'm trading it for $9k worth of work being done on my house. It's worth more if I can fix it up but it's got several electrical parts that all have chips needing to be replaced and are like unicorn poop.
2014 BMW 335i 125k- Wife decided the mirror needed some intamacy so she rubbed a construction barrel with it. The mirrow is heated and power and has been on backorder for 4 months.
2016 Subaru Crosstrek 170k- AC is out and can't get the parts needed to fix it.
2019 Subaru Ascent 130k- Rear trail arm has gone out and the driver front seat went out in the all the way forward position leaving it undriveable. Can't get the part to fix it so it has been at the dealership for 3 weeks.
2022 Subaru Crosstrek 870- Dealer loaner car I was given in place of my Ascent but a semi got blown over and hit it the other day in Texas so it's gone.
2022 Toyota Rav4 100- Just bought this one, it's in the shop getting outfitted and should be done towards the end of next week.

So, 6 cars and two that are usable, one has no passenger side mirror, the other has no AC.

I seriously need to hire someone just for car management. Finding parts, running them back and forth to shops and making minor repairs.

I was out looking today and saw a 2021 Ram TRX with 20k miles on it for $95000. 🙄

On the bright side, there was another military vet there. We made fun of the price gouging as only military veterans would. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom