Buying tickets off Craigslist (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am buying a pair of tickets off Craigslist from someone in New Orleans. Obviously I can get scammed, robbed, or murdered, but the most important, scammed... Is there anything I need to look for?

It will be a book of tickets from my understanding. I've never bought anything off Craigslist. We will do the sale in a well populated area.

You're gonna be in Payton's next commercial for the NFL Ticket Exchange. Dress nice.

Ticketexchange or stubhub.

Here's the thing. let's say they own those tickets. They sell you the ticket, but can still print them out electronically, or sell them via ticket exchange and now your paper tickets are only paper.. they won't let you in the game.

I'd be cautious.

No way I would buy paper tickets anymore with the ticket exchange. Have them sell to you through the ticket exchange and you know they are legit. Otherwise they could do exactly what St. Ward said and the paper tickets are worthless.

NFL Ticket Exchange will cost me 3x more. No thanks.

Here's the thing. let's say they own those tickets. They sell you the ticket, but can still print them out electronically, or sell them via ticket exchange and now your paper tickets are only paper.. they won't let you in the game.

I'd be cautious.

I'll see if it's possible.

I'd be cautious.

Just curious, whats to stop someone on Stubhub from selling their tickets but then going to the game early and getting their copy of them scanned before you do? On stubhub you just upload your tickets but the seller still has their copy as well.

I guess they just get penalized and banned from ever selling again if they do that?

I'll see if it's possible.

i bought some and got burned. i called the guy back and he felt bad and gave me another set for free.

that's when i discovered, if you are going to buy off of craigslist you need to be the first person. That way if he sold them to someone else, they can't get in once the ticket is scanned. sounds like a pain because it is but not bad if you are thinking about doing this because you want to see the team warm up and feel like getting there an hr before kick off..

i've been buying tickets off of friends. when we were killing it no one wanted to sell their tickets but now i can seem to get tickets pretty easily... damn fair weather fans ;)

2 things...

1. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. No one is selling club seats for $50.

2. Trust your gut. If the dude sounds shady or too smooth talking. Move on.

Otherwise, I've been fine with Craigslist, maybe in just lucky.

Just curious, whats to stop someone on Stubhub from selling their tickets but then going to the game early and getting their copy of them scanned before you do? On stubhub you just upload your tickets but the seller still has their copy as well.

I guess they just get penalized and banned from ever selling again if they do that?

Well, it can happen. But Stubhub gets paid, then pays the seller. So, there is a big reason to make sure the transaction is good. Also, Stubhub at least guarantees if anything goes wrong with the tickets, they will get you in the event.

My last year in NO, I actually bought Terrace season tickets off of Stub Hub. I did it early in 2008, and it was pretty cheap (for resell tickets) since 2007 wasn't a good year. Never had a problem. Seat owner was from Chicago though. That's sort of annoying how many out of state people own season tickets and likely never go.

2 things...

1. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. No one is selling club seats for $50.

2. Trust your gut. If the dude sounds shady or too smooth talking. Move on.

Otherwise, I've been fine with Craigslist, maybe in just lucky.

The prices are a little less than the Saints site pricing... but it doesn't have the preseason.

I'll bring a MiFi and a laptop and see if we can transfer if they say yes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom