By the result, that Brandin Cooks trade should be a top ten trade in league history. (2 Viewers)

I’m not sure if I remember him having another one but this is the one that seemed to do him in. If he had 2 then that makes a lot of sense!

I thought he had 2 but if no one else can remember then I may be wrong. I'm not 100 percent sure but I do feel at least 50/50 on it, maybe 60/40.

I remember hating the draft pick and that we traded up to get a WR. I think that was the last draft that SP was making most of the decisions. Thank god for Jeff Ireland....I do give SP credit for realizing he is not a good draft evaluator....
Payton still makes the final decision. It is just that now he is given better evaluations on the players.

Snead remains the enigma.

Clearly he wasn't shut out of the offense based on ability and we needed another receiving option in the mold he fit when he was phased out.

Something more was going on either from Snead side or Payton side, attitudinally or something. They let him go and for an undrafted FA guy he went on to contribute also in Baltimore. He's not elite or anything but certainly someone Brees could get production out of if all else was right.

But something wasn't right and we never got the full story.
Not that this has anything to do with Snead but I hard on the radio yesterday by someone that knows Loomis and SP that one of the reasons they always take prospects out to dinner is to see how they treat everyday people. It’s their own personal character test. They value the locker room that much.

I was just thinking wow!

We got a player that many believe is the best right tackle in football (Ramczyk) and as of today, the leader in sacks (Hendrickson).

That has to be a top 10 trade in league history.

Yep. Cooks was all hat and no cattle. I don't think I have ever seen a wide out as fast as him have such a low ypc, an inability to get open, and get tackled at the first hint of contact. He seems a lot better than he is. One of our best trades ever.

Thing is, Cooks and Thomas were 2 totally different receivers. Cooks would have been the PERFECT complement to MT in our offense. Perfect guy to take the top off the defense with his elite speed and good hands. I mean, look what he did in STL. I feel like he was always catching deep balls.

He wanted to be that posession, go-to guy a la AB but that just didn't fit his skillset. MT was/is the man for that role. Instead, we got Ginn, which kinda worked at times, but Cooks would have been so good in this offfense...if brees could reach him ;)

The trade was a good trade for both teams. The Patriots were not taken. We traded Cooks and a fourth-round pick to NE for Cooks and a three.

Cooks was a productive player on a New England team that went to the Super Bowl. Cooks had a big game in the AFC Championship game against Jacksonville, but was knocked out of the Super Bowl by Malcolm Jenkins (I think).

NE then traded Cooks and a fourth-round pick to the Rams for picks in rounds one and six. In effect, they gave up a third-round pick and a future sixrg-round pick for Cooks for one season in which they played in the Super Bowl.

Cooks has been a good receiver in the NFL, but not a great one, as evidenced by the fact that he has been traded away by three teams. He has had four really good seasons, two of them as a Saint.

Also, note that with the pick from NE, we apparently were on the verge of picking Reuben Foster until San Francisco by jumping ahead saved us, forcing us to "settle" for Ramczyk.

Not that this has anything to do with Snead but I hard on the radio yesterday by someone that knows Loomis and SP that one of the reasons they always take prospects out to dinner is to see how they treat everyday people. It’s their own personal character test. They value the locker room that much.

I remember someone saying that this was dating 101

Someone who is nice to you but mean to the waiter is NOT an a nice person

And in the days before key fobs and automatic locks

You unlock the passenger door to let your date in the car

If she didn’t lean over and unlock the drivers door as you walked around she was completely selfish and you shouldn’t go out with her again

Last edited:
Just Googled him and found this:
Brandin Cooks signed a 5 year, $81,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including a $7,000,000 signing bonus, $49,459,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,200,000. In 2020, Cooks will earn a base salary of $8,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $8,000,000 and a dead cap value of $8,000,000.

Yikes. I didn't even know that he was still playing.

Remember when we wanted Malcolm Butler in return for Cooks? Lol.

Some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. Indeed.
I seem to recall that well after the trade was completed, we were considering turning the 1st we received for Cooks around to get Butler. The 3rd would have remained in our pocket. That 1st ended up becoming Ram when the Butler trade didn't happen and SF jumped in front of us to select Reuben Foster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom