By the result, that Brandin Cooks trade should be a top ten trade in league history. (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was just thinking wow!

We got a player that many believe is the best right tackle in football (Ramczyk) and as of today, the leader in sacks (Hendrickson).

That has to be a top 10 trade in league history.

Great find.
And you are absolutely right!!

Of course, the Brandon Cooks draft pick was one of the worst.
But we’ve got it down now......pick OL, DL or CB.

Been doing that since the Cooks pick and it’s worked out beautifully. Keep picking those 3 spots.

When you look back on it, trading Cooks was a symbolic final purge of the nothingness that was the 2014 season..... a season that clearly set us back for a few years.

When the 2017 season rolled around, did we have anyone left on the roster that had been acquired in 2014?

I won't count Willie Snead, who they added to the practice squad in December 2014..... since the season was just about over and he never saw the field until the 2015 season.

One of the few times the Patriots were on the bad side of a trade. If they had held on to Aikeem Hicks, that would be up there with lop sided deals. How did they let that guy go????

Great find.

Been doing that since the Cooks pick and it’s worked out beautifully. Keep picking those 3 spots.

Well Payton/Loomis have always found OL gems. I think the recent success in DL and CB can be attributed to Ireland.

Great find.

True, and continue to pick up awesome Linebackers from the JETS!!!

Brandon Cooks = Small Fry w/ Underwhelming Phantom Speed due to Terrible Field Vision plus top it off w/ a “Silent Big-Mouth”

OMG.... this memory just flashed in my mind and it all makes sense with this dude
Do you guys remember there is an entire video log of Brandon Cooks stating numerous times that Antonio Brown MENTORS him and Brandon says how much he loves Antonio Brown’s mindset?!?!

No matter which way Brandon would spin this.... one would have to consider that either Brandon totally is clueless on the widely known inner rumblings of AB always being disgruntled & hard for Tomlin to manage or Brandon really was drawn to ideas 💡 AB brought his way...i.e. “Closed mouths don’t get fed.” <—— this statement was post AB adoration from Cooks.

Talk about an interview that isn’t aging well for Brandon...

Last edited:
Cooks has proven over course of time he is just a nice offensive peice and not a franchise piece.

The fact the Saints turned Cook around to draft a top O-line and D-line man is very shrewd. Ironically if Saints didnt draft him we probably wouldn't have these two high quality pieces on the team now.

The fact the Saints turned Cook around to draft a top O-line and D-line man is very shrewd. Ironically if Saints didnt draft him we probably wouldn't have these two high quality pieces on the team now.

I remember hating the draft pick and that we traded up to get a WR. I think that was the last draft that SP was making most of the decisions. Thank god for Jeff Ireland....I do give SP credit for realizing he is not a good draft evaluator....

When you look back on it, trading Cooks was a symbolic final purge of the nothingness that was the 2014 season..... a season that clearly set us back for a few years.

When the 2017 season rolled around, did we have anyone left on the roster that had been acquired in 2014?

I won't count Willie Snead, who they added to the practice squad in December 2014..... since the season was just about over and he never saw the field until the 2015 season.
Snead remains the enigma.

Clearly he wasn't shut out of the offense based on ability and we needed another receiving option in the mold he fit when he was phased out.

Something more was going on either from Snead side or Payton side, attitudinally or something. They let him go and for an undrafted FA guy he went on to contribute also in Baltimore. He's not elite or anything but certainly someone Brees could get production out of if all else was right.

But something wasn't right and we never got the full story.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom