bye-bye for Lent (1 Viewer)

I for one will say welcome back!!!! ya didnt miss much other than lots of complaining and same ol bounty/2nd round/falcons suck/cap problem complaining....

si-brazil-relatives-1601571.jpg

-

yep---word's out yer back.

i'm giving up religious rituals which somehow give the perception of sacrifice and introspection which should be practiced every day, not as a gimmicky contest of who is being more god-like.

--

-

I realize this is old, but you're both too smart and too old for the jaded high schooler rage against the world act.

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:no:
if not for me think of my wife - she'd have to spend the rest of her life entertaining me/informing me about the switch to 3-4 defense
no woman deserves that

You're married?... no woman deserves that.

Mardis Gras = Lets sin as much as we can before we are supposed to be good. Really dumb. Or brilliant. I can't decide.

I gave up decisions for lent.

I realize this is old, but you're both too smart and too old for the jaded high schooler rage against the world act.

i green thumbed you, it is a bit of childishness, yet i was raised catholic and to this day see this whole lenten ritual as nothing more than a sideshow.

introspection----sacrifice---prayer----

and then you brag to your friends, family, sr members and schoolmates your path of "i'm holier than you cuz i'm giving this up and you're only doing that? "

hogwash. sheer hogwash.

be kind. always. question your morals. always. try to be a better person to those around you. always.

announce it and expect a pat on the back? youre missing the point.

i green thumbed you, it is a bit of childishness, yet i was raised catholic and to this day see this whole lenten ritual as nothing more than a sideshow.

introspection----sacrifice---prayer----

and then you brag to your friends, family, sr members and schoolmates your path of "i'm holier than you cuz i'm giving this up and you're only doing that? "

hogwash. sheer hogwash.

be kind. always. question your morals. always. try to be a better person to those around you. always.

announce it and expect a pat on the back? youre missing the point.

please tell me more about my intentions

you sir are just one of millions who practice this ritual. tell me why you choose to share your sacrifice rather than using those 5 1/2 weeks as a time to be alone with your introspection.

you sir are just one of millions who practice this ritual. tell me why you choose to share your sacrifice rather than using those 5 1/2 weeks as a time to be alone with your introspection.

If we all hung out at a bar or coffee shop or diner and interacted everyday and fought, laughed, informed, consoled each other - I would see it as the height of rudeness if someone just didn't show up for 6 weeks without saying anything (i dont like seeing old threads and noticing I haven't seen a poster in awhile)

It is not a religious thing for me (I haven't been to church in 20+ years) but i do have addictions in my family so I take the pagan feast/famine ritual as a time to check my addictions

Edit: sir

well put---and i certainly mean no disrespect to your addictions to rituals. my lovely wife and i compete to say "rabbit rabbit" first to each other every first morning of the month.

it's an old welsh custom i learned from a wonderful toledo icon many years ago.

my problem with this lenten thing----(ad nauseum)--- is the competition it has become.

welcome back sir. truly welcome back. i'm sure the freshness of this block of old friends is much like returning home after a long vacation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom