Bye Bye Shaun Alexander (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't say this means he is gone. I mean they already had M. Morris who has to be at least as good as J. Jones.

They also have Duckett...just signed to a 5 year deal....they have been reportedly looking to get rid of Alexander's contract.

One thing it does mean. If the Cowboys don't select a rb in the draft. Marion Barber will be one of the top rushers in the league next year.

They got Duckett? Is Lil' Mora running the team already?

Julius Jones is a terrible one demensional running back. I don't think this means anything.

That cracked bone Alexander had in his foot seemed to give him a lot of problems and it looked last year like he had gotten fat and slooooow. It wouldn't surprise me if the seagulls tried to unload him somehow.

hopefully one in the AFC
With LenDale White having off season orthoscopic surgery I would not be suprised to see the Titans try to land him. They are reportedly currently looking at Dunn but if Alexander was availble I wouldnt be suprised if they made a play for him

I do not care for Jones or Duckett. I do not see how either make them any better than the combo they already had. I was never big on Alexander. I thought giving him a big contract was a mistake. I remember the circumstances and it looked like they had no choices, but he always seemed more finesse than anything. That offensive line was really good when he had his MVP season. Lose the top Guard in the NFL, and Shaun doesn't look good anymore. It only cost them about 100k to trade him, so there must not be many accelerators in the deal or it must have had a lot of incentives, so maybe it was a good signing after all. Anyways, John Clayton says they may release him on June 1st. I don't think he is worth bringing in. Go with Deuce and Pierre. If we need another RB, they can be found practically at every level of the draft, even as UDFA, as PT and others like Grant, TD, the kid for NY. No need to go high. All you need is a hungry guy with skills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom