Byrd benched (merged) (1 Viewer)

More coulda, woulda, shoulda crap. Are Saints the only team that gets to play the injury card? How about Vikings losing starting QB and AP yet 4-0. Depth.

We draft injury prone players like Kikaha, and count on injury prone vets like Swann, Lewis, Ellerbe. Even PJ Williams should not be counted on when you sit first 2 years. Sorry, but to expect anything related to a full season of health from these players is recipe for giving up 30 plus PPG, which we are doing easily.

Maybe because the Vikings replaced an average QB with an average QB. AP has missed a lot of time the last few years and the Vikings have a good backup. That's two players. Compare that to Hooman, Armstead, Kikaha, Ellerbe, Lewis, Rankins, Breaux, Williams, Byrd, Swann plus one more CB. That's 11 players. Half your team. Big difference. How many teams have that kind of depth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe because the Vikings replaced an average QB with an average QB. AP has missed a lot of time the last few years and the Vikings have a good backup. That's two players. Compare that to Hooman, Armstead, Kikaha, Ellerbe, Lewis, Rankins, Breaux, Williams, Byrd, Swann plus one more CB. That's 11 players. Half your team. Big difference. How many teams have that kind of depth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's got a point about projecting top tier production out of Kikaha, Ellerbe, Lewis, Rankins, Williams, Byrd or Swann. All those players were unknown quantities or coming off injury. Prospects. Rankins also is likely to be solid but it was as yet unseen. The rest have a depth impact but all these players had question marks over their heads.

With our talent shortage we needed each and every one of them to produce at a high level to be a good football team, and that is still a bit of a roll of the dice.

More coulda, woulda, shoulda crap. Are Saints the only team that gets to play the injury card? How about Vikings losing starting QB and AP yet 4-0. Depth.

We draft injury prone players like Kikaha, and count on injury prone vets like Swann, Lewis, Ellerbe. Even PJ Williams should not be counted on when you sit first 2 years. Sorry, but to expect anything related to a full season of health from these players is recipe for giving up 30 plus PPG, which we are doing easily.

Well, the Saints don't have the luxury of the Leslie Frazier era setting them up with top of the draft board opportunities in four of the last six years. So there's that perspective to consider.

He's got a point about projecting top tier production out of Kikaha, Ellerbe, Lewis, Rankins, Williams, Byrd or Swann.

All those players were unknown quantities or coming off injury. Rankins also is likely to be solid but it was as yet unseen. The rest have a depth impact but all these players had question marks over their heads.

With out talent shortage we needed each and every one of them to produce at a high level to be a good football team, and that is still a bit of a roll of the dice.

Top tier? Maybe from Byrd, but his knee just really blew a hole in that expectation. But anyone expecting top tier from those guys has just unrealistic expectations. Or is just looking for a reason to complain.

Top tier? Maybe from Byrd, but his knee just really blew a hole in that expectation. But anyone expecting top tier from those guys has just unrealistic expectations. Or is just looking for a reason to complain.

Rankins and PJ Williams are top tier prospects, so that expectation is valid, albeit on hold pending injury issues. But neither of them have had symptomatic injury problems before, so this is hopefully just a fluke.

I think the team is counting on Breaux, Rankins, Jordan, David Onyemata, and Vonn Bell as being the difference makers going forward, with Vaccarro, Davison, Williams, and Kikaha being the top supporting cast. But that's just my uneducated opinion on the matter.

And how do we get depth?

Money. We waste enough money on failed FA's to have a much deeper bench.

It's almost 100% guaranteed that reserves will will have to be put on the field, so we need the best reserves we can afford. Which right now is not so great.

56 million and not even 1 interception.

I was actually excited about this move when it first happened.
He almost had one the other night, but flags happened. My thought was, "hey, that's a 56 million dollar interception". Now he will be playing for the Lions or somebody in a week and be lights out on our tab, lol. Ugh.

Fire everyone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Well the Minnesota comparison is unfair. They continue to win because of their defense...and of course Bradford, in my opinion is better than Bridgewater. Lets see them lose Xavier Rhodes, Terence Newman, Harrison Smith, Linval Joseph. Everson Griffin and see what you got. Now I must say that I have quickly become very impressed with the Vikes and those starters on defense mentioned above are superior defenders at their positions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom