Byrd benched (merged) (2 Viewers)

i couldn't believe he actually picked the ball in the endzone. then to see encroachment called afterwards made me sick...
That actually looked like the Byrd from that Buffalo highlight reel someone posted a few days ago.

A shame it got called back for Fairley's encroachment. Heck of a play to go and get that like he did. Love to see more of that from him..heck we'd ALL love to see our D play like it did in that second half, that was some good pressure D.

i couldn't believe he actually picked the ball in the endzone. then to see encroachment called afterwards made me sick...

I looked for the encroachment by Farely. Didn't see it. I could easily have just not noticed it, though. It was just...disappointed. I wanted Byrd to have that pick.

That was easily Byrd's most impressive play as a Saint. Perhaps getting put on notice finally lit a fire underneath him.

Honestly, do you guys think Byrd will survive the roster after the season ?

Isn't the final year of his contract, or is that next year? I thought he just signed a 3 year deal. Was it longer and I'm thinking of someone else?

You are the most arragoant dude on this forum, yo know that. I don't know who crowned you king **** know it all, but it is really quite obnoxious.

I resent that for a couple of reasons. :hihi:

I looked for the encroachment by Farely. Didn't see it. I could easily have just not noticed it, though. It was just...disappointed. I wanted Byrd to have that pick.

He jumped a little early and they snapped the ball at that time.

That Int was extremely impressive! Someone said he got hurt on that play, though. I hope not.

Assuming he isn't hurt, it will be interesting to see who starts after the bye. I think Bell started with the assumption that we would be in cov 2 all game, but That got scrapped after the first half.

Honestly scheme doesn't matter for the safties if the LBs and corners aren't playing well. We saw that on the TD to Henry on Sunday. Nothing Bell could do there. That's the kind of mistake Byrd has been dealing with since he got here, yet we always say it's his fault.

With that said, our LBs and CBs played very well in the second half, and if that continues I would prefer to have Byrd start. I think he offers a lot more in experience and talent. I know he hasn't had a lot of big plays here, but when our defense is shutting people down, he's a key reason because he's shutting down the deep ball. Part of the reason he doesn't make a lot of plays is because he doesn't get thrown at a lot. Its a lot like Eric Weddle in Baltimore. Eric has never had the same flashy stats or plays as a polomalou or a reed, but he's just as good.

However, I don't think Bell did anything to lose playing time. He really helps our defense, and he is a good player. He did have that one missed tackle, but it happens.

Check out @RapSheet's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/782587444768059392?s=09
After #Saints S Jairus Byrd was given nightmares by #Falcons RB Devonta Freeman, Byrd is benched today, sources say. Other changes coming

It's about time. He used to be good, got hurt, and is now a shell of his former self. We need speed on defense, not players that are on the field because of how much they make. Laurinitus was benched as well. Anthony isn't cutting it so he's riding the pine. These changes are welcome and overdue. Next man up!!!!!

Isn't the final year of his contract, or is that next year? I thought he just signed a 3 year deal. Was it longer and I'm thinking of someone else?

he signed a 6 year deal. so we have three more seasons after this one. if he is starting to be like his old Bills self, we may be in luck.

Anyone who says that weren't excited about this signing when it happened is either lying, mistaken, or one of the few board residents who complain about everything and love to tell everyone over and over again when their **** actually manages to stick from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, our record indicates the "complaining residents" comments are "sticking" far more frequently than from time to time.

Unfortunately, our record indicates the "complaining residents" comments are "sticking" far more frequently than from time to time.

No. Not really. Because they never take into account the whole picture. Like half of the starting defense injured or on IR. Yeah, the defense isn't what we hoped it would be but we also didn't hope to have half of the starters in street clothes for the first 8 weeks of the season.

No. Not really. Because they never take into account the whole picture. Like half of the starting defense injured or on IR. Yeah, the defense isn't what we hoped it would be but we also didn't hope to have half of the starters in street clothes for the first 8 weeks of the season.

More coulda, woulda, shoulda crap. Are Saints the only team that gets to play the injury card? How about Vikings losing starting QB and AP yet 4-0. Depth.

We draft injury prone players like Kikaha, and count on injury prone vets like Swann, Lewis, Ellerbe. Even PJ Williams should not be counted on when you sit first 2 years. Sorry, but to expect anything related to a full season of health from these players is recipe for giving up 30 plus PPG, which we are doing easily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom