Byrd / Seahawks game (1 Viewer)

DABOOT162

LURKER
Reaction score
Just an observation I made in the game. I thought he looked different. Seemed to come up and make some solid tackles. I realize he is a sore spot to discuss, and mostly I agree he has been a disappointment. I thought he looked more agressive Sunday. He made a solid tackle at the end of the game to keep Baldwin in bounds and keep the clock running. Maybe he was embarrassed after that lack luster performance last week. Or maybe Kenny called him out... anyway, I thought it was worth pointing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he was embarrassed about last weeks performance and made a better effort against the Seahawks.

We never every talent we can get down the stretch. Von Bell has shown flashes, but he's not mentally ready yet and that showed in the KC game.

Byrd finally earning some of his money is good for everyone involved.

Byrd was very emotionally pumped for this game. He played this game like it was his SuperBowl. Coming up to the line to make tackles, staying close on his coverage assignments (He seemed like he was also in position to jump Kearse on the pass Stupar intercepted.) His mini staredown with Graham, and running off the field like he hit the lotto was satisfying to watch, to say the least.

We never every talent we can get down the stretch. Von Bell has shown flashes, but he's not mentally ready yet and that showed in the KC game.

Byrd finally earning some of his money is good for everyone involved.

Bonchie - How long do you think it takes Bell to get up to speed: games or the rest of the season? We all realize it depends on his mental ability to grasp the scheme, but if you pretend they are decent, how long do you think? thx

He had another game this season where he was in a striking mode.

I think it deals with responsibilities and what we ask him to do week to week. Could be getting healthy, could be feeling comfy but it could just be a different role from week to week that allows him to be in those positions.

No matter what anyone tells you unless you are Ed Reed/Earl Thomas playing Single High FS week in and week out does not lead to very many plays being made.

I think he played better, but we do need to remember Seattle is not a high-powered offense. He needs to do it every game.

I think there's been some discussions in the DB room about the level of commitment players need to take on the field.

Maybe a taste of winning is the spark he needs

It's not like he has played on a contender before. Winning can be fun

Byrd will be active and have a good game if he's in the screen presnap. He struggles tackling in the open field, obviously. 2 games this year he's been up in the picture and attacking. They were his two best games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom