Byrd's Best? (1 Viewer)

It looked to me like he was finally starting to have fun out there. I have no insight as to what goes on in the meeting rooms, but the players seem to be confident in the defense.

Maybe Byrd is finally confident in the guys around him, and in his assignments. He can just makes plays and have fun.

It looked to me like he was finally starting to have fun out there. I have no insight as to what goes on in the meeting rooms, but the players seem to be confident in the defense.

Maybe Byrd is finally confident in the guys around him, and in his assignments. He can just makes plays and have fun.

Better overall defensive coaching.

Far greater understanding, team-wide, about where you're supposed to be and what your job is.

Other than that gosh-darned Q4 meltdown against Oakland, we've given up one offensive TD in seven quarters, and most of the yardage is against our rookie and UDFA corners who, instead of getting a deserved opportunity to learn on the PS and get their feet wet, start out covering Amari Cooper, OBJ and Victor Cruz.

Yes Byrd played very well yesterday. I like the way he came up and made the tackle on the WR right at the LOS for no gain. He was everywhere he was supposed to be yesterday and did his job. I just hope and want him to keep this up.

Byrd was solid. What was even more impressive is that the Saints defense didn't allow very much yards after the catch. Tackling was crisp and decisive.

We are getting there on defense.

I think after PJ went down, he was forced into trusting his guys a little more. That freed him up to make some more plays. Whatever the game plan was, let's keep doing that.

Also: three safety set with Byrd, KV, and Bell was really effective IMO. If these young corners can keep not getting beat deep, our D can finally start being stingy.

the bar is so low for byrd now. when we acquired him he was going to change our defense and now we're taking notice when he gets a couple tackles in a game. he still wasn't great. there were two instances, including the harris FF where an opposing player was in his zone and he was literally running away from them. that is not good football. that's bad technique, playing not to get hurt and setting a bad example for the young players on this team.

I like having Byrd and Bell over top in passing situations. I notice we didn't get beat deep really at all yesterday. Having those two high safeties helps a ton. Overall you can tell Byrd still has the instincts he just needs to stay consistent.

It's because we played more 2 high safety sets on 1st and 2nd downs to protect our CBs.

That allowed Byrd and all our safeties to make more plays. I hope we see more of it.

A number of posters including myself have been advocating for more 2 high safety looks. Even Rob Ryan alluding to the fact we took Byrd and stuck him in the middle of the field where he can't make any plays.

I really hope DA & SP use more of this going forward.

I love all our newbee Saints CBs. They are all very small and look like Rageful Fearless Smurfs. These guys are tough.

I think the biggest part was having bell and Byrd as 2 deep safeties instead of having Byrd cover the whole field. Our defense the past 2 seasons has been trying to play the way Seattle does with only earl thomas over the top. Fact of the matter is that there aren't many, if any, players with the range Earl Thomas has. I say play with Byrd and bell over the top with vaccaro knocking the snot out of people in the box and we should see a noticeable improvement in the defense.

If you mean he made like 3 tackles, then yes it was his best game.

Not sure if you caught this or not, but...0 offensive touchdowns. You think that was all on our UDFA and street cornerbacks? Nah Byrd couldn't have anything to do wit that.

I love all our newbee Saints CBs. They are all very small and look like Rageful Fearless Smurfs. These guys are tough.

Crawley is 6'1, Williams is 6'0, and Harris is 5'11. I guess Harris is kinda small cuz he's only a buck 80 or so but other than that they are pretty decent size

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom