Byrd's Best? (1 Viewer)

SouthernMissSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I'm no expert on X's and O's like many on here, but it seems that number 31 played a very good game today. Seemed to keep a top over three good receivers, and stuck his hat in on a few solid tackles. We have all been critical of his play considering his potential, just want to give him his due. If it's due. Any insights from the film room fans?

Also want to add, we will beat the brakes off the foulcans Monday. So if we can steal one in SD, we're 2-2 coming out of the bye with a home game against the big baby blue, with a chance to make a statement for first place in the division. Keep the faith. There is still plenty of time left in the season to mail it in.

It was his best game as a Saint I think.

I really hope he continues to play well. We need a reason to keep him next year. Cutting him would be a disaster.

I did notice Byrd having a good game. I thought it might be because we were often playing 2 high and he only had to cover half the field while Vonn Bell, who also played a good game, took the other side. I was impressed by the play of the safeties all around, as Vaccarro had a good game too.

his best or second best... At least we saw him make solid tackles. He had a great start forcing that Julius Jones fumble in his 1st year.

He sure laid some nice hits. Looked like he and Vacarro were having a competition to see who could lay the most guys out. they paid for every inch today, promise you that.

Finally saw a few flashes of what Byrd can do. If he continues to improve, and Ellerbe comes back, our defense will be better.

I did notice Byrd having a good game. I thought it might be because we were often playing 2 high and he only had to cover half the field while Vonn Bell, who also played a good game, took the other side. I was impressed by the play of the safeties all around, as Vaccarro had a good game too.

Agreed. Solid tackles all day from our DB's. And tight coverage from all backups for the most part. Just hoping it's the new norm, and not a one time fluke. Good signs in a tough NFL loss.

Can't wait to see this defense once we get healthier. Breaux and Rankins will be back before long. And if PJ Williams has a bad concussion, he might not be gone for too long either.

I want to see Ellerbe in action, that man brings some intensity to the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Ellerbe, but at this point we should all expect him to make it back for a game or two then have another ailment crop up. I'm more than happy with Craig Robertson's performance.

I'm no expert on X's and O's like many on here, but it seems that number 31 played a very good game today. Seemed to keep a top over three good receivers, and stuck his hat in on a few solid tackles. We have all been critical of his play considering his potential, just want to give him his due. If it's due. Any insights from the film room fans?

Also want to add, we will beat the brakes off the foulcans Monday. So if we can steal one in SD, we're 2-2 coming out of the bye with a home game against the big baby blue, with a chance to make a statement for first place in the division. Keep the faith. There is still plenty of time left in the season to mail it in.

He did play decent today. The Saints overall kept the ball in front of them. Played bend don't break. Eli completed most of his passes but in today NFL all QB's do this. We actually sacked him a couple times and got turnovers. The big busted plays is what kills us and that is part of Byrds job, not too allow those so yesterday was definitely one of his better days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom