Saints C.J. Gardner-Johnson having standout second season for New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

Reminds me of how Gregg Williams would use Roman Harper............although CJ seems to have better cover skills.

CJG is a Swiss army knife combining the best attributes of Harper, KV, and Jenkins. He's the hybrid player that teams covet these days.

Last edited:
After what I felt was a slow start to this season, he’s been on fire. Kudos to that young man.
No doubt. Seems like around week 4 something clicked, he cleaned up his mistakes and he has been an absolute terror!

He read and recognition are a joy to watch. His refusal to get washed out on blocks makes him special. His open field closing speed, angles and tackling are elite. Such an exciting player to have on our defense.

Good point. He doesn't hit like them but he sure tackles better than any one of them.

I don't know bro, CJG isn't afraid to bring the wood. He hits about as hard as you can nowadays. KV and Harper seemed bigger but they weren't that much bigger than CJG. I was surprised to see that he's actually heavier than Harper and Jenkins.

CJG - 5'11", 210 lbs

Harper - 6'1", 205 lbs

Jenkins - 6', 204 lbs

KV - 6', 214 lbs

I don't know bro, CJG isn't afraid to bring the wood. He hits about as hard as you can nowadays. KV and Harper seemed bigger but they weren't that much bigger than CJG. I was surprised to see that he's actually heavier than Harper and Jenkins.

CJG - 5'11", 210 lbs

Harper - 6'1", 205 lbs

Jenkins - 6', 204 lbs

KV - 6', 214 lbs

Worth noting that, as an offensive lineman, the hardest I've ever been hit was by Derrick Brooks, and he was about 6' and 210lbs. Height and weight are interesting, but don't tell the whole story.

Worth noting that, as an offensive lineman, the hardest I've ever been hit was by Derrick Brooks, and he was about 6' and 210lbs. Height and weight are interesting, but don't tell the whole story.

So true. Obviously you have the physics of mass and speed but a big part of it is simply having the desire to destroy the ball carrier. You have to be willing to go all the way, even if it means hurting yourself.

So what CGJ lacks in a few inches of prototypical height I'd say he more than makes up for with heart and tenacity. I think he's going to be special.

I'm a firm believer that CGJ still has that chip on his shoulder from having to sit @ home during the draft until Day 3 before his name was called. Having to watch some of his high school & college team mates (Dean & Taylor) name get selected before him was probably gut wrenching, when he knew he was better.

Dude literally took that as an insult & worked his tail off at the NFL level to prove em wrong.

"I made it, but I didn't make it. I'm gonna make all those teams that passed on me feel it". - CCJ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom