C.J. Gardner Johnson is P'Oed! * Language Warning * (1 Viewer)

I have nothing but respect for what he said. I like that he told the media how they view him and not getting the respect he deserves goes hand in hand. He’s putting a lot of faith in Mathieu as a leader and he wants to play his position. That’s a comfortable level to be at for any player to know the next man has your back and you just have to play your part. I hope this team brings terror back into opponents like we did before. I’m beyond ready for it.

I have nothing but respect for what he said. I like that he told the media how they view him and not getting the respect he deserves goes hand in hand. He’s putting a lot of faith in Mathieu as a leader and he wants to play his position. That’s a comfortable level to be at for any player to know the next man has your back and you just have to play your part. I hope this team brings terror back into opponents like we did before. I’m beyond ready for it.
This! I didn’t know he didn’t like the nickname. After hearing this, I understand that he’s just taking on the imagine everyone calls him. We should get him a new nickname as a fan base.

The man changed the name on his jersey to include his stepfather who he credits with among several positive things in his life helping him excel at football. He spoke about changing his last name throughout his youth and legally did so as soon as he could when he was eighteen. That being said I would imagine he would prefer to be called by his full name than any nickname. He in many ways is a younger version of Tyran Matheiu. That's a very good thing for the Saints. I have been saying for weeks I hope the remaining 2021 cap room is used to extend Gardner Johnson and/or Davenport.

Last edited:
That's how people view him on sr.com "A Menace" how many threads are made about hoping CGJ gets under someone's skin come Sunday compared to how he plays on defense, people love the antics and forget he is a talented nickle/safety.

That's how people view him on sr.com "A Menace" how many threads are made about hoping CGJ gets under someone's skin come Sunday compared to how he plays on defense, people love the antics and forget he is a talented nickle/safety.

Antics without the play to back it up get you Apple level of hate. Everyone knows he's talented as hell so there aren't many reason to keep bringing it up.

I wish he knew we felt like that more I guess though. He's stuck on that dumb article that doesn't even get the difference between outside and nickel CB's. Although I bet it's based off PFF grades and the outside CB's are graded on the few snaps they take inside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom