C.J. Gardner-Johnson wants new contract; limited his practice availability (1 Viewer)

Have they been negotiating an extension?

If so... This is honestly a good sign. We usually lock up core guys in TC.

He has an argument as our best secondary player. I know Latt is better in pure coverage but I'm talking overall play. Not saying he's definitely the best, he just has an argument. Dude deserves an extension now, not later.

Marcus Williams if i remember correctly got 5 year 70 million dollar contract. A good chunk is backended an not garaunteed.

I say give him a contract extension around that area and more garaunteed money. Ceedy has yet to hit his prime. Year 5 of his contract Ceedy will still be in his prime. Plus with it being an extension your really only paying about 11million a year.

Whereas M.W will be past as his prime in final 2 years of his contract.

Plus we saw last year what the defense looked like without Ceedy. It was merely just good and not elite

Marcus Williams if i remember correctly got 5 year 70 million dollar contract. A good chunk is backended an not garaunteed.

I say give him a contract extension around that area and more garaunteed money. Ceedy has yet to hit his prime. Year 5 of his contract Ceedy will still in his prime. Plus with it being an extension your really only paying about 11million a year.

Whereas M.W will be past as his prime in final 2 years of his contract
Kenny Moore is only on a 4yr for $33 million.

That's a ridiculous jump.

I'm pretty comfortable with 4yr $44 or 5yr $52

What's the going rate for a slot corner.

Have they been negotiating an extension?

If so... This is honestly a good sign. We usually lock up core guys in TC.

To the bolded: Had to have been working on this, right? Hard to imagine that Loomis was blindsided by this and had no clue that CJGJ was entering the last year of his deal. No way this hasn't been on the stove, even if not always the front burner.

How many players can they max out, with salaries? I do not see it happening before the season. I think this one, could be an issue. But hopefully not. We all should have known this was an eventuality, with CJGJ's continued development. Then what happens with Adebo, after this season? Will he follow CJGJ's move, next camp?
Who said we should max him out? This isn't the NBA. But he is worth more than what his rookie contract is paying him... much more IMHO.

Plus, his new deal doesn't need to break the 2022 cap or anything. The usual NFL contract has most of the first-year compensation in the form of extendable bonus money. Just settle on that signing-bonus amount and the number of years, and get it done**.

** not always so simple ... but that's the skeleton of an NFL deal, anyway.

I just want to know who has been filling in for him on the first team. Taylor and Bryce Thompson are probably welcoming the additional time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom