C.J. Gardner-Johnson wants new contract; limited his practice availability (1 Viewer)

I can tell you right now..... Top nickel pay is all over the place..

To be honest. 10.5 million per year should be the ceiling. This doesn't factor in cap rising.

I can tell you right now..... Top nickel pay is all over the place..

To be honest. 10.5 million per year should be the ceiling. This doesn't factor in cap rising.
I would guess that an avg. between $9.5 mil and $11 mil would do it. I would also guess CJ would maybe take the lower end of that to limit the years and be able to hit the market again while still in his prime.

Who would you compare CGJ to in terms of his game? Not necessarily his position but his game. He's not just a Slot Corner. He's not really a Safety. He's not a LBer. What the hell is he? That's my deal with CGJ. I can't even figure out who to compare him to. I'm sure Loomis would love to give him top Slot Corner money and call it a day but I don't know if it's that simple.

Funny how things are allowed to work in the NFL. I mean he is under contract no matter how well he has played. Maybe in the next CBA the owners should put in there that no other team is allowed to offer a player a new contract for 3 years if the player decides not to honor the original terms of his original contract. I bet these hold outs would end quickly or never exist. It could also include a clause that states if the players makes all pro or leads the league in a certain statistical category pertaining to his position he receives a mandatory 50% salary increase for the final year of his original contract.
Anyway just to be clear, I am not in the owners corner here. I just think they need to either increase the salary cap significantly or pay players more from the beginning to avoid these hold outs or whatever you want to call them.

I want him to sign a new contract now as well. I think we should be able to sign him cheaper now then at the end of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom