N/S C.J. Prosise (2 Viewers)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
I do not believe that Jacquizz Rodgers is the answer as the AK insurance back. He was a street FA this offseason, and the Saints were the only team to show any interest. He’s a capable runner and receiving RB, but his ceiling is very low and his best days are behind him. I find myself thinking of players that could fill that role for the Saints as a reserve RB with upside and position flexibility, and I keep coming back to one name...

C.J. Prosise

Prosise converted from WR to RB while at Notre Dame, and he is a very natural receiver, with the ability to run most routes with ease. He also has very good speed and sneaky power as a runner. He has struggled to remain healthy during his time in Seattle, and has subsequently found himself buried on the depth chart. The Seahawks are a power running team, and with Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny entrenched as the 1st and 2nd option in the backfield, Prosise is left as the 2nd receiving back behind teammate JD McKissic. McKissic though, offers more special teams value than Prosise, so he appears to be locked in ahead of Prosise on the depth chart. Perhaps a change of scenery and offensive philosophy would benefit Prosise, and he is considered a prime “bubble” player for Seattle’s final cut-down.
One other “bubble” player that has also caught my eye is TJ Yeldon. Yeldon is a very capable receiver, but he is in a very crowded situation in Buffalo, and has also been rumored to be a cut candidate.

I think Washington is the clear #3 (helps that he contributes to ST) and I like Ozigbo over Rodgers.

Not that I dislike Prosise, but I don't think we should waste any picks trading for a #3 at best RB. Especially for a free agent in 2020.

I agree... I don’t think the Saints should trade for Prosise, but if/when he is cut loose by Seattle... I have a strong feeling the Saints will be interested.
Washington is the clear 3rd RB, and his special teams value seals the deal. However, Washington is more of a backup for Murray than AK. I believe the Saints want a backup for AK that has the same type of skills as a receiver that AK possesses... Prosise fits that mold.

I agree... I don’t think the Saints should trade for Prosise, but if/when he is cut loose by Seattle... I have a strong feeling the Saints will be interested.
Washington is the clear 3rd RB, and his special teams value seals the deal. However, Washington is more of a backup for Murray than AK. I believe the Saints want a backup for AK that has the same type of skills as a receiver that AK possesses... Prosise fits that mold.

You think they cut him? He's pretty cheap, IDK why they would - has there been any indication? Stylistically though you are correct Washington is more of a backup for Murray.

I think Washington is the clear #3 (helps that he contributes to ST) and I like Ozigbo over Rodgers.

Not that I dislike Prosise, but I don't think we should waste any picks trading for a #3 at best RB. Especially for a free agent in 2020.

I agree, I think the depth chart will be Kamara, Murray, Washington and Ozigbo.

Rodgers was brought in to kick the tires on see how he operates, could be someone you check for later in the year but I think we are already set at the position.

I do not believe that Jacquizz Rodgers is the answer as the AK insurance back. He was a street FA this offseason, and the Saints were the only team to show any interest. He’s a capable runner and receiving RB, but his ceiling is very low and his best days are behind him. I find myself thinking of players that could fill that role for the Saints as a reserve RB with upside and position flexibility, and I keep coming back to one name...

C.J. Prosise

Prosise converted from WR to RB while at Notre Dame, and he is a very natural receiver, with the ability to run most routes with ease. He also has very good speed and sneaky power as a runner. He has struggled to remain healthy during his time in Seattle, and has subsequently found himself buried on the depth chart. The Seahawks are a power running team, and with Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny entrenched as the 1st and 2nd option in the backfield, Prosise is left as the 2nd receiving back behind teammate JD McKissic. McKissic though, offers more special teams value than Prosise, so he appears to be locked in ahead of Prosise on the depth chart. Perhaps a change of scenery and offensive philosophy would benefit Prosise, and he is considered a prime “bubble” player for Seattle’s final cut-down.
One other “bubble” player that has also caught my eye is TJ Yeldon. Yeldon is a very capable receiver, but he is in a very crowded situation in Buffalo, and has also been rumored to be a cut candidate.
Well stated OP. I really liked Prosise's fit for us when he was in the draft and hoped we'd grab him in the last few rounds. Perhaps he doesn't have NFL juice, but the system in Seattle surely isn't highlighting his strengths. For all of the reasons you stated, you can add me as a fan who would love to see what he'd look like in our offense. Probably not a star player, but could be a nice backup for AK in a pinch.

Well stated OP. I really liked Prosise's fit for us when he was in the draft and hoped we'd grab him in the last few rounds. Perhaps he doesn't have NFL juice, but the system in Seattle surely isn't highlighting his strengths.
His strength is always being injured... looks like you missed that important point.

Not sure how a team would highlight a player that is constantly injured. lol

Take this for what it is

But....

I know a guy who is involved with the Saints

He told me that the Saints really like Ozigbo

He said if ozigbo plays well like they expect him to this TC, then he could push for touches in the Reg season.

He said the Saints think they got a steal being able to sign Ozigbo

Take this for what it is

But....

I know a guy who is involved with the Saints

He told me that the Saints really like Ozigbo

He said if ozigbo plays well like they expect him to this TC, then he could push for touches in the Reg season.

He said the Saints think they got a steal being able to sign Ozigbo
I'm glad because I like him. Hopefully next preseason game he gets more touches and less from Quizz

Ozigbo is going to shock a lot of people and he will be the back up to Kamara. He was projected to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round and just fell through the cracks.

His lateral quickness for 222 pounds is very impressive and he showcased it with a 6.95 three cone drill.

He also had 23 receptions his senior year so he has some receiving skills.

And while his 40 time is average he has an extremely explosive first step.

I believe by the bye he passes Washington on the depth chart and has a higher ceiling than Prossie

Yeah, Ozigbo might be my pick. The guy can pick up a blitz, he wins the spot. Jmho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom